I know it has been like forever and a day since I last posted and it isn't for lack of things to write about. It's called being lazy, which I am very good at. Let's see if I can give a quick recap of the last month.
May 10th- Morian and I went up to Layton for kind of a three way celebration. My sister-in-law's birthday, my sister's birhtday, and Mother's Day. We met at my brother's new apartment where we had a Russian dinner (his wife is from Russia) and played Murder in the Dark. The next day, being Sunday, the whole family went to church together in my parents' ward.

May 18th- Morian and I got together with some friends for snacks, games, and Wii. I think everyone had played before, except for us, but even we tried it. Bowling was pretty fun, and I did pretty good, if I do say so myself!

May 24th- Morian and I went up to Rexburg, ID for a wedding. A friend of mine from high school was getting hitched and since Morian had never been to Rexburg before I thought it'd be fun to go! My parents and my sister and her husband also went so we were able to carpool. That 3 1/2 hour car ride was the most uncomfortable ride of my life! I think when I sit down, baby squishes everything up into my right rib cage! Ouch! Anyways! I'd wanted to get out and walk around campus, showing Morian some places (I went to BYU-Idaho my freshman year), but unfortunately, it was rainy and windy and kinda cold while we were up there, so we just drove around. Morian's sister Cecilia is going to school up there right now so we stopped by her work and then went to her apartment to visit with her before heading down to Idaho Falls for the reception. The day ended with another uncomfortable ride! Bummer deal dude!
May 31st- Happy Belated Memorial Day! Since the weather wasn't that great on the actual holida, my family postponed the bbq till the Saturday after. It was kind of a celebration for my sister Kayley who graduated from BYU this spring and Morian who will graduate from BYU this August. We had yummy burgers and lots of other food and talked a lot! My cousin Tanner broke his wrist while playing Crack the Egg on the trampoline with my cousin's husband. Exciting times! After dinner, we met up with a friend of Morian's from high school, Lisa, and her husband Brandon. We got one of those snow cone things and then played Guitar Hero, which neither Morian nor I had ever done before. It was kinda fun, but my wrist was totally sore!June 1st- Morian and I went up to Salt Lake to have dinner with some friends. They were the people I hung out with before I met Morian, summer of 2004. We had many good times together that summer and the school year after. Dinner was at my old roommate's parents' house and in their basement they had lots of fun toys for us all to play with. Like, foosball, ping-pong, air hockey, and a mini pool table!
June 6-8th- Finally, I am caught up! This past weekend, Morian and I took another trip to Idaho. This time, we ended up at a place called Downata Hot Springs, which is right near by Downey, ID. We met up with the rest of Morian's extended family to celebrate Morian's grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary. Once again, the weather wasn't all that great. Luckily, Grandpa Black had reserved a room for the weekend that had beds and surround sound movie system thingy. Friday night we ate dinner and then watched Secondhand Lions. Since I am 6 months pregnant, there was no question that I would get to sleep in that room! Yea! I didn't hafta brave the cold in a tent! Saturday most of the grandkids and an aunt and uncle spent a few hours in the hot springs swimming pool. The was deliciously warm; I loved it! Plus, it totally helped ease some of the pain in my back! We even played a few games of Lightning. And get this: I won one game and kinda tied for first in another game. I was beating teenage boys and I'm pregnant! It was great! But I was totally exhausted by the end! We also played a game of Yahtzee later in the day with Morian's sister's boyfriend and he got 3 Yahtzees! That's 250 points by themselves! How ridiculous is that?! That night we had a special dinner in honor of Grandma and Grandpa Black and had our rented room all decorated and stuff. And then we watched Stardust. On Sunday we had our own little "church meeting" where Grandpa Black pretty much just bore his testimony to us all, etc. On our way home to Provo, we stopped at his house in Logan to look at some baby stuff that Morian's aunt said we could have if we wanted. Looks like we are inheriting a crib, a swing, and possibly a bouncer chair toy thingy. (I'm sure that's the technical name for it!)Whew! We did more stuff this past month than I think we've done in a long time and I can't believe I didn't take the time to record it all till now! Sorry it's so long!
1 comment:
Good to get caught up on what is going on in your guys' lives!
Post a Comment