Thursday, October 30, 2008

Smiles!

Devin has the cutest smile ever! And he is getting very good at sharing it with us! He starts out with a half grin with turns into an open-mouth smile that makes us smile, which makes him smile bigger! The tricky part is getting in on "film." He won't really smile with a camera in his face, so you have to move it out of the way and try to get him to smile. By the time you get the camera back into place to capture it, the smile has gone away. But, sometimes we are lucky! He also smiles like crazy while he is asleep. Guess he has good dreams! One time I was holding him while he slept and he kept smiling, so I grabbed the camera and took a short video of him. Unfortunately, I can't upload said video b/c it is too big. Bummer deal dude!
Oh, and I just wanted to add...we got Devin weighed the other day b/c it has been 4 weeks since he was last weighed ( 7 lbs 6 oz at 2 weeks old) and it'll be another 3 weeks or so before he goes to the doctor again and gets weighed and we've been curious to see how big he has gotten. So, ya'll ready for this? At 6 weeks old, Devin weighs about 10 lbs 10 oz! Wowzers! I knew he had gained some weight, but I dunno if I woulda pegged it at almost 11 lbs! What can I say? He likes to eat, our chunky monkey!


6 comments:

Liz T. said...

Your boy is growing beautifully, and I love that smile!!!! Sounds like you are feeding him well.

Jen said...

he is ADORABLE!! I cant wait to meet him in person!

Kayli said...

Sorry dude--I was lame and didn't call when I was in Utah, but seriously I was sooooooooo sick. It stunk. So I wouldn't have been any fun at all--but it's sad because it would have been fun to have our cute little guys together. Next time I guess. :(

Michael B said...

What a little stud...

meg said...

jane says (and i have to agree) "ohh! he's so cute! he's a punkin!" we're getting too excited for christmas.

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I love that grandbaby of mine! He is so much fun when he is in a good mood!