I know that it has been forever and a day since I last posted. And so much has happened since then, I don't even know where to start! I guess I'll just give the highlights b/c otherwise this post would be waaaaaaaay too long!
Morian was offered a job as assistant branch manager for US Bank, so we started apartment searching like crazy! We were ready to get back out on our own! We moved into our new apartment about a week before Christmas. Morian's dad was able to help us move our stuff from the storage unit into a moving truck, and then into the apartment. It's a good thing we did it when we did b/c the next day it snowed like crazy! We were back at my parents' house and almost weren't able to make it to the apartment with a carload of stuff. But we did. B/c of the holidays, we were in and out of the apartment for the next week or so, so it took us a while to get everything unpacked and organized. We're still not totally done yet, but pretty much all we have left to do is put up some pictures and towel racks in the bathroom. We are stoked to have a place of our own again! I am especially excited that Devin has his own bedroom! He longer has to share with the TV and computer! He's even sleeping in a crib finally! I kept calling it his "big boy bed!" Morian and I had to put it together without any instructions b/c it is a hand-me-down crib from family. But, we did it, and on the first try even! Devin slept for 10 hours straight his first night in the crib; unfortunately, we have not had a repeat of that! Oh, Morian starts his new job (training) this month, so he has been at home and able t.o help me organize! So helpful!
We spent Christmas Eve with my family, but were unable to stay the night b/c of expected snow. So, we opened all our presents that night. Devin got some fun stuff! The snow did come and we barely made it to Morian's mom's house on Christmas Day! Devin slept while we all opened presents, but we woke him up when only his stuff was left under the tree. He totally made out like a bandit and he didn't even understand what was going on! We did get a video of him actually ripping wrapping paper off one of his presents; it was so exciting! Morian got The Dark Knight, so of course we had to watch it!
On December 28th, we had a get-together with my extended family in honor of Christmas and several birthdays. We had a white elephant gift exchange with about 31 participants! Now that is what I call crazy! We also attended our new ward. The Sunday School lesson got a little out of hand and we had a few people sitting near us apologize and tell us it's not normally like that. And to please come back! hehe! Of course we will!
Two days later we attended a cousin get-together with some of my cousins. One cousin and her family were in town for the holidays, so we all wanted to spend some time together.
For New Year's Eve and Morian's birthday, we went to our friends' Dave and Heather's place to ring in the new year. Other friends Mike and Annie, Camille, and Neil and Sarah were also there. Devin slept through the whole thing, which we were pretty excited about! We didn't end up leaving until about 1:30 AM and then b/c we had to put Devin to sleep, we didn't get to bed 'til like 3! Aaggghhhh!! I woke up at 9 when Devin woke up and ended up going back to sleep at 10 for 2 hours. I was exhausted! We then spent the remainder of the day at Morian's mom's house playing games, eating, and just relaxing!
1 comment:
Congrats on the new job and apartment. Devin is so darling in his outfits. He is so grown up and excited about Christmas. You can tell you two give him a happy home. Glad to hear you will be sticking around here.
Post a Comment