So, a few of my friends gave their babies this bumbo chair for Christmas. I thought, what a good idea! Devin is always trying to sit up and can't quite do it on his own yet. So, I looked it up at Target and Babies R Us and thought, There is no way I can afford one of those brand new. So I started looking at the classifieds at KSL.com. There was a decent amount being sold, but they sold really fast. So I had to keep checking back everyday. I finally found a couple that were decently priced. But of course, they got sold before I had the chance to look at 'em. So, Sunday night, we go to our friends Mike and Annie's house to watch the SuperBowl. Devin was being cranky, so I took him into their spare bedroom (soon to be baby's room) to try and quiet him down, hopefully to sleep. And there is a bumbo chair. I talked to Annie about it and she said I could try putting Devin in it. So I gave it a shot. He sat there, probably wondering what in the world he was sitting in. Not to mention that it's purple. Good thing he's a baby and doesn't care about that stuff right now! He did okay in it for a while, but then he seemed more interested in standing on in than sitting in it. As we got ready to go home, Annie said we could borrow it. After all, she hans't even had her baby yet and to use one of these chairs you need to be able to hold your head up on your own, so they won't be using it for a while. So I was so grateful for Annie's generosity and the fact that I was about to save $20 or so. The next day, one of the first things I did with Devin was put him in the bumbo chair and give him a toy to play with. He does well for about 2-3 minutes MAX and then he arches his back, trying to get out. When I pull him out, his chubby little thighs kind of catch on the leg openings on the chair. Ouch! Now, only a day later, he starts squirming and fussing as soon as I put him in. REALLY glad I didn't buy one now! Guess he'll just hafta learn how to sit up all on his own. And he actually can do it, just not for too long. And sometimes as he starts to lean forwards or backwards he can catch himself and sit himself back up straight. But, falling to the side is another story. Course, one time he did go forward and totally face planted! If only his hands/arms were stronger, he coulda caught himself and been in crawling position! Someday!
Thinking he likes it



Sitting up all by himself!
6 comments:
he is so big and adorable! what more can i say? =)
He looks so cute! It won't be long before he's crawling and walking and won't want to sit at all! Take lots of pictures!!!!! We sure love him!
We are also borrowing a bumbo chair. Keegan is starting to arch his back in it too but mostly just hangs over one side trying to get out. It holds him in though when I need to get things done. Am I terrible?? :)
I never got a bumbo, but I wonder if I would have gotten more housework done if I'd had one. It seems like I didn't have time to do housework again until my boy was 2. Devin is so cute!
I'm glad you finally got a hold of one of the bumbo chairs! Devin just doesn't know what's good for him :)
I think he must know that it is purple and that's why he doesn't want to stay in it for too long!
Post a Comment