Friday, April 17, 2009

HAPPY EASTER!

I know this post is almost a week old, but it's been kind of a crazy week!
Devin had fun digging through his Easter basket that Grandma Patty gave him. He was mostly interested in trying to eat the grass! And making a mess, of course!
He wore his new Sunday suit that Grandma Esther gave him. We weren't able to button the top button, so Devin didn't wear the tie that came with it, but he still looked super cute! He was the best looking baby at church, that's for sure!
After church, we took some pictures outside and then came in for a few, but we didn't get a family shot. My mistake!
We went up to my parents' house for and Easter dinner of ham and potatoes and asparagus. I brought a berry blue jell-o with raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries in it. It was way good! It was fun to hang out with my whole family, visiting and playing games.
Next year, as Devin will be about 18 months old, I want to tryand dye eggs and have an Easter egg hunt. All those things I did as a child and just didn't even think about doing this year! I'm sure Devin will have more fun with is next year anyways!
Our Easter goodies

Devin inspecting his loot


Eating the grass


Looking for hidden treasures


Showing off his Easter suit


Devin and Daddy


Devin and Mommy


5 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

He looks so cute - and what fun to have an Easter basket at such a young age! I'm glad he got one. Too bad he couldn't wear the tie - it was so cute - but he looked cute anyway! I'm glad you guys came up here - it was so fun to have everyone here! We love you guys :)

Greg said...

What a cutie!!!

Mary said...

Happy Easter! I had to tell you-- some friends and I watched finding Nina a few nights ago, and I realized how long it has been since we've talked. I hope y'all are doing well!

Liz T. said...

I really like Devin's suit. His first Easter is really cute.

Michael B said...

Man, Devin looks great! It's only been like 2 weeks since we have seen him, but he looks even bigger in the pictures!