Sunday, May 17, 2009

8 Months

Devin is now 8 months old. I can't believe that in 4 months he will be a year old. My, how time flies! He is getting to be such a big boy! Here are some of the things he does:
*He still loves to walk around while holding on to people's hands. And he is getting quite good at only holding onto 1 hand.
*He learned how to stand up from laying down while in his crib so we had to lower the mattress down. Now he can't stand up!
*If he is sitting in front of something, he'll try and grab onto it and try to pull himself up. It doesn't really work quite yet.
*He had gone through a phase in which he wouldn't eat baby food. He is eating it again and seems to gobble up anything with apple in it.
*He had juice for the first time a couple days ago in his sippy and really enjoyed it.
*His second tooth finally popped through. It was only a month behind the first!
*He loves being on our shoulders. He'll laugh and smack your head and most likely drool all over you!
*He's been sleeping through the night for a while now, which is soooo nice!
*He's also been waking up at a pretty consistent time. Unfortunately, that would be 6:00 AM!
*He had been taking pretty good naps, until a few days ago and suddenly he will hardly ever sleep longer than 30 minutes at a time. Grrr!!
*He is getting closer to crawling, which we weren't sure he would ever do! He pops up onto his hands and knees and will move his hands, but then doesn't realize he has to move his legs as well, so he just plops down onto his tummy and starts "army crawling"-pulling himself forward with his arms while letting his legs drag behind him. He sure can get around pretty good these days by himself! But he doesn't like to do it for too long. He usualy tries to pull himself into my lap and make me stand him up!
*He is ultimately the cutest baby ever! (Sorry friends who have babies! But it's true!)
*I love when he gives hugs and kisses and laughs! I love my sweet little baby!
(Sorry about the lack of pictures. My camera is on the fritz and I dunno if I'll ever get it to work right again without paying lots of money to get it fixed. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!)

4 comments:

Michael B said...

What a little man!

Erika said...

So fun to watch them grow! And parents should think their kids are the cutest so it's ok. :)

Liz T. said...

What a fun stage he is at. It just goes by so fast.

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I'm sorry your camera is on the fritz. We need to do something about that!

I can't wait to see you guys again - before I know it Devin will be running all over the place - I really need to get my house baby-proofed!