Saturday, February 27, 2010

New Nephew

So, my sister-in-law, Lena, was due with her firstborn on March 12. She was quite surprised when her water broke February 23! About 7 hours (just after midnight on Feb.24) later she had a little baby boy! And even though he was 2 1/2 weeks early, he was still bigger than Devin was, who came a week late! He was 6 lbs 14 oz and 20 inches. They named him Jasper. I love that name! (And no, they did not get it from Twilight! Neither have read the books or seen the movies. They both just liked it!) We got to meet him on Friday on our way up to Logan. He is such a beautiful baby! We are so glad he and Mommy are doing well! My brother has been such a great uncle to Devin and then Glenn, it's fun to see him finally have his own! What a precious family! Welcome to the family Jasper!
Me and my new nephewIt kinda looks like he is folding his arms. The sleeves on his little shirt were huge!
So cute!
The happy new family- Lena, Jasper, and EthanI'm keeping my eye on you!LOVE baby yawns!
Wanna see my tongue?!
At first Devin wouldn't give Jasper the time of day, but he finally warmed up to him and tried to give him a hug like he does to his other cousin, Glenn, who is 6 months old. Devin is such a sweetheart!
He did such a good job of showing my his little feet! So cute! I love baby feet and hands! Earlier when I tried to look at his fingers, he kept pulling away from me as I tried to pull back his shirt sleeves, like Don't look at my hands! I did see them eventually and so cute are they!
Hello!

2 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

You got some cute pictures there! I'm glad you got a chance to meet him. Do you realize he was born on Cecilia's birthday?

Michael B said...

Congrats on the new nephew! That's fun.