I know I should update this thing more often than I do, but I don't feel like I have really done anything lately blog-worthy. Meaning, I haven't taken any pictures in days and feel that I can't have a post without accompanying pictures!
Morian started his new job at the beginning of the month. He's done with training for now and has moved on to the phones and is doing customer service for now. In another few weeks, he'll get trader trainer so then he'll be able to actually trade people's stocks and bonds, etc!
I'm just trying to survive day to day life at home with a toddler who thinks he's a bigger kid than he really is! Devin has decided 6:30 is his new/old wake up time and I am not excited about that! I miss being able to "sleep in" until 7:30! I have a hard time finding things to keep us occupied throughout the day without resorting to movies, but alas! He watched waaaaay too much TV! But who has the energy to keep up with this kid?!
Devin still isn't talking, besides "yeah" and "no." He babbles like he's carrying on a meaningful conversation but no one understands a word he says, except him, I guess!
We had his 18 month check up last week finally, at 19 months old! He is 23 pounds and 31.5 inches. So, on the smaller side still.
Something fun that Devin has been doing lately is saying prayers on his own. If he happens to end up on his knees, he will fold his arms and babble with his head down for a second and then he gets up. And when I put him down for naps (even bed after we've just prayed!) he fold his arms and mutter under his breath as I carry him to his bed. I'm sure Heavenly Father knows exactly what he is saying, even if it isn't intelligible to me!
And last story. Today while I was fixing dinner, Devin was playing with a couple highlighters and a sharpee marker, which I didn't know he was doing until it was too late. He showed up with 2 distinct black dots and a few light yellow ones on his cheek. What a goofball!
I'll hafta post pictures another day. Kudos to anyone who actually reads all this!
Morian started his new job at the beginning of the month. He's done with training for now and has moved on to the phones and is doing customer service for now. In another few weeks, he'll get trader trainer so then he'll be able to actually trade people's stocks and bonds, etc!
I'm just trying to survive day to day life at home with a toddler who thinks he's a bigger kid than he really is! Devin has decided 6:30 is his new/old wake up time and I am not excited about that! I miss being able to "sleep in" until 7:30! I have a hard time finding things to keep us occupied throughout the day without resorting to movies, but alas! He watched waaaaay too much TV! But who has the energy to keep up with this kid?!
Devin still isn't talking, besides "yeah" and "no." He babbles like he's carrying on a meaningful conversation but no one understands a word he says, except him, I guess!
We had his 18 month check up last week finally, at 19 months old! He is 23 pounds and 31.5 inches. So, on the smaller side still.
Something fun that Devin has been doing lately is saying prayers on his own. If he happens to end up on his knees, he will fold his arms and babble with his head down for a second and then he gets up. And when I put him down for naps (even bed after we've just prayed!) he fold his arms and mutter under his breath as I carry him to his bed. I'm sure Heavenly Father knows exactly what he is saying, even if it isn't intelligible to me!
And last story. Today while I was fixing dinner, Devin was playing with a couple highlighters and a sharpee marker, which I didn't know he was doing until it was too late. He showed up with 2 distinct black dots and a few light yellow ones on his cheek. What a goofball!
I'll hafta post pictures another day. Kudos to anyone who actually reads all this!
6 comments:
I read it! I read it! :) My life is almost exactly the same so take comfort in that. I can probably second everything you said--I hate how much tv Keegan watches, wish he would go back to sleeping in longer, and yes he's gotten a pen and written all over himself before I caught him. :) At least we know they're normal, right??
It was so much fun to see him play. He's such a cute boy, Kirsta! And I love that he says his own prayers. How adorable. I bet he says tons of interesting things - once he starts expressing it in intelligible words I'm sure you'll be laughing out loud every day :)
Kids and pens=trouble - don't I know it! And I love how he says his prayers. Do you have any puzzles - you kids all loved doing puzzles at about this age or a little older. We'll have to get him some. And we could get him some of those markers that only show up on paper. Are you going to Matt's graduation party on Friday? If so, see you there!
Great to get the update! We need to see you guys more often!
I loved your little update. It was great. I had to laugh because at 18 months, Zach (my oldest) only weighed 20 lbs. and wasn't even 30 inches yet!! He was (and still is) really small for his age. It sounds like Devin keeps you busy and on your toes! I enjoyed the stories.
Post a Comment