Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

First of all, I want to wish all my mommy friends out there a Happy Mother's Day! I love being a mommy! It is one of my greatest joys! Even though Devin can be a handful at times, he is the cutest little boy ever and such a sweetheart! Thank goodness for family!
I also wanted to say how much I love and appreciate my own mother and for all the things she taught me about being a mother. She may not think so, but she is a wonderful mother and did a great job raising me and my siblings (along with my dad, of course!) I love her so much and don't tell her that enough. So, if you're reading this (which I know you will at some point!) know that I love you, even though I'm not the best at showing it!
Devin's gift to me today was taking a long nap (almost 2 hours!) after church! Thanks buddy!
Then the 3 of us drove down to BYU to feed the ducks. It was such a beautiful day and I'm glad we were able to enjoy it! Devin had fun throwing bread to the ducks (and sneaking bites himself!) and playing in the water.
I love that you can actually tell Devin is enjoying himself in this picture- usually he is so straight-faced, even if he is having fun!
Devin shoving a huge piece of bread in his mouth! Silly boy!
Looking so cool in Mommy's sunglasses! I think he looks like a bug or something.
I remember when I was pregnant with Devin during Mother's Day. I was so excited to be there and couldn't wait to meet my little guy! Last year it was so much fun to actually BE a mom on Mother's Day. I was so full of love for the little bundle of craziness (and joy!) I had! This year, not only am I a mother still, but I get to enjoy the feeling of being pregnant again and awaiting a new bundle, whoever he or she is! Yes, this is an announcement! We are expecting again and I am due in the fall. Halloween to be exact. So, we are totally stoked about it. Devin doesn't understand yet, but I'm hoping he will as the time grows closer. I love my family and I love being a mom so much!


9 comments:

Bryce and Kathleen said...

Congrats! How exciting! I'm sure Devin will be such a great big brother. It's too bad we don't live closer. I think Spencer and Devin would have lots of fun together. :)

Michael B said...

Congrats! We are excited for you guys!

David and Heather said...

Kirsta!! That is so exciting! Congratulations! I hope you are feeling well--we will look forward to seeing what you will be having.

Adrienne said...

hooray! Happy double Mother's Day to you! I bet Devin is going to be such a fun big brother.

Erika said...

Congratulations...for some reason I felt an announcement coming on as I read this post! So exciting!

Carolyn Ebert said...

Congratulations dear Kirsta and Morian! Exciting news! Hope you are feeling well :)

kirsten said...

How fun to be catching up on your blog just after your announcement - wonderful news! We love all the photos of Devin - and congratulations to Morian on his new job!
we love you all - Kirsten

Blake and Laura said...

Congratulations! Our babies will be a month apart. How fun! Devin is going to be a great big brother. Keep us updated.

Carrie & Dustin Nicholes said...

Wow, congrats again!