Monday, January 3, 2011

Mackenzie's Blessing

So, yesterday Mackenzie was blessed in our ward. We had lots of friends and family come to be with us for it. Thanks to those of you who were able to come! Morian gave a beautiful blessing. My sister, Kayley, took notes (thanks!), which I need to get from her. Even though Kenzie had already been awake for like 2 hours, she was wide awake during the blessing. Morian said she was just looking up at him the whole time and smiling. So cute!
After church, we all headed over to our house for lunch- taco soup- and to visit. We had a full house! Things were so crazy that I wanted to wait until after we'd had a chance to eat to take pictures. Well, Mackenzie decided to take a 3 1/2 hour nap, so we got no pictures! After she woke up, I had my sister, Kayley (again thanks!), take a few quick pictures so we would have some documentation of this day. Morian and Devin were already changed out of their Sunday clothes, and while I still had my sweater on that I wore to church, I had changed into comfy pants. At least Kenzie looked so cute!
This is Devin trying to smile on command and say "cheese!"
Morian, Kirsta, and Mackenzie
Mommy and Baby
Wide-eyed beauty!
You can see the detail on her dress really well in this picture. My mom bought the dress for her to wear (thanks Mom!), but it will also be used by other new girls born into the family.

2 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I'm so glad you got some pictures of her in her dress. Be sure to take a picture of Devin next time he wears the little suit he got from me for Christmas, okay? What a special day it was!

Carolyn Ebert said...

her blessing day was really nice. thanks for including us! she is adorable!