Kenzie had her first (and Devin had his third) trip to the dentist on Jan. 31. They both got taken back at the same time; Morian went with Devin and I stayed with Mackenzie. Devin was about this same age the first time he went to the dentist and he screamed bloody murder when the dentist just tried to look at his teeth. Kenzie is a lot more wary of strangers and so I expected this visit to be very similar. It couldn't have been more different! The dental assistant actually came in and cleaned her teeth before the dentist came to take a look. I sat Kenzie on my lap and held her the whole time. She did fantastic!
She liked getting a drink from the tube that shoots water!
She held so still while getting her teeth flossed.
I love that she kept wanting the assistant to floss her teeth over and over again!
Picking out a new toothbrush...
She got 2 new toothbrushes!
Waiting for the dentist...
When he first came in, Kenzie got a little scared and didn't want him touching her mouth, but she actually calmed down pretty quickly and held really still while he looked at her teeth. What a big girl!
2 comments:
Wow - I am amazed at how well she did at the dentist's - she is so unpredictable! Such a cutie! Good job, Mackenzie!
That is so awesome! WHen we took Glenn in he wouldn't open his mouth. But we had this book about the dentist and he pretends to be one all the time, so maybe when we go again he will be more open to the idea. :D Cute pictures!
Post a Comment