Sunday, August 26, 2012

Horseback Riding

I had purchased a groupon for horseback riding a while back and Morian and I made that a date on May 15. It was a pretty hot day. I forgot to put sunscreen on beforehand and my arms got pretty burnt (though thankfully not bad enough to peel!). Before starting, our guide gave us a rundown on all things horse (like how to get on and how to "drive"). Morian actually rode the horse she demonstrated with.

 The horse I got was named Turtle and boy did he live up to his name! He was so slow! I was warned that he would try and eat whenever possible so I needed to be ready to pull his head up and away from the grass. I actually only had to do that once. But there were 2 other ladies in our group and one of their horses couldn't seem to stop eating! It was pretty funny!


1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Where did you go? I haven't ridden a horse since I went to girls' camp with Kayley back in 2001...