We spent our second day at California Adventure. We heard about the craziness that is Cars Land, so that was to be our first stop for a fast pass. There was a huge crowd of people so we sent Shari up ahead to get the tickets for us. While we waited for her, we saw Lightning McQueen and had to get a picture with him!
Right after the picture, we saw Shari again. She had remembered that the fast passes were at A Bug's Land, so she headed over there while the rest of headed over towards the Ferris wheel. We saw that the line for Toy Story Midway Mania was super short, so we rode that. Shari almost made it back to us in time to ride it with us, but not quite. I didn't get a very high score because I was trying to help Mackenzie shoot. Both kids had a lot of fun on that ride!
Next we rode King Triton's Carousel.
Our next ride was Mickey's Fun Wheel.
Next we rode the Golden Zephyr.
Then we rode The Little Mermaid~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure
Morian and I then rode California Screamin' while Shari took the kids to A Bug's Land and watched It's Tough to Be a Bug. When we got all back together, we saw Flik.
Then we rode Heimlich's Chew Chew Train.
Our next ride was Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies. Mackenzie really wanted to drive but she was tall enough to reach the pedal, so I let her sit in the driver's seat and steer while I twisted my leg into position to push the pedal. It was very awkward! And then we found out after that the car Shari and Devin were in had 2 pedals, so Shari just constantly pushed on her pedal in case Devin let go of his. That would have been so much better for us! But it was still fun!
Then we rode Francis' Ladybug Boogie.
After that ride, we split up again. Shari and I rode Tower of Terror while Morian took the kids on Flik's Fyers (sorry no pictures for either one). When we got back together, the kids were stuffing their mouths full of churro! Lucky!
And then it was finally time for Radiator Spring's Racers. Mackenzie was just a couple inches too short to ride and they wouldn't make an exception. Bummer! So Morian, Shari, and Devin rode it while Kenzie and I walked around Radiator Springs. Then Shari and Devin were able to ride it again with me. Devin really liked it!
When we came out, Mackenzie was stuffing her face again- this time with an ice cream sandwich!
And we barely got to see Mater.
Then it was time to break for lunch. Shari stayed in the park while the rest of us left. Morian took a short nap after lunch while I came back with the kids to watch Disney Junior- Live on Stage. They enjoyed that! As we hooked back up with Shari and Morian, we saw Mr. and Mrs. Incredible.
Then it was off to Monster's Inc., Mike and Sully to the Rescue.
Dude, she totally talked to me! I made some comment about her and she responded! And then we could hear her talking about the lady behind us. Crazy!
Devin got to pretend he was a student at Monsters University.
We then had great "seats" for the Pixar Play Parade.
After the parade, we went to the Disney Animation Building and got to see a bunch of stuff, like Character Close-up, Turtle Talk with Crush, and the Sorcerer's Workshop. We had a bit of a crisis when we thought we lost Mackenzie's purple rabbit, but thankfully, Shari had it (she had wandered away from us at some point)! Then it was dinner time, so we left the park again. This time, Shari stayed in with the kids so Morian and I could go back and play! First we rode Tower of Terror, then watched World of Color (Christmas-themed; I think I would like to see it regularly). We were then able to ride Goofy's Sky School, then Toy Story Midway Mania, then Mickey's Fun Wheel, and last California Screamin'. We barely got in line for that one before the park officially closed.
Because we had ridden the roller coaster earlier, we knew when they took the picture, so we were prepared!
2 comments:
Boy, you got a lot of great photos! I think next time I go to a park like this I will wear something with pockets and leave the bag behind in a locker or something.
Looks like you all had a super time!
YOu guys did so much more than we did...I'm so glad you got to. I love Devin's face on the Monster's ride, and of course the last picture is classic! You guys are funny!
Post a Comment