Monday, March 10, 2014

DISNEYLAND: Day 3

(Warning: LOTS of pictures!)

Our third day was spent back at Disneyland. This time we had a better plan for how our day would go and we definitely made better use of our time!
Our first stop was the Fantasy Faire to see the princesses. We got to see
Cinderella,



Ariel, 



and Aurora.


We then rode Pirates of the Caribbean. (The line was like 5 minutes long, the shortest it was pretty much all day so we really lucked out!) Kenzie really wanted to sit on the outside, so she got quite wet!

Then we split ways. Shari took the kids to climb through Tarzan's Treehouse while Morian and I rode Indiana Jones Adventure.

We were supposed to meet right back up with the others but we couldn't find them! (Turns out Shari took the kids on the Mark Twain Riverboat.) Instead of waiting around for them, Morian and I rode The Haunted Mansion, which was decorated like Nightmare Before Christmas. When we got off, again we couldn't get ahold of Shari and then we found out that she took the kids on the Haunted Mansion. (We were nervous they would be too scared on that one but they really like the Jack the Skeleton decorations! When they got off, we were finally all together again!

Then we took the kids on a raft to Tom Sawyer's Island.


We took the kids all the way to Disneyland so they could draw in the dirt!


We had a lot of fun walking through the caves and tunnels.




















After our return to the "main land," Shari, Moria, and Devin rode Splash Mountain. Mackenzie was too short, so she and I rode The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.





As the ride finished, we saw Tigger out, so we got in line to take pictures. Devin was able to get in line with us just before it was our turn!

We also got to see Eeyore.


And of course, Winnie the Pooh himself!

After pictures, Morian took Mackenzie back to the Fantasy Faire to watch the Rapunzel play while I went on Splash Mountain with Shari and Devin. Devin really liked that ride! Shari wanted to sit in the front, so she got soaked! I had to hold on to Devin so he wouldn't slide forward in his seat.
Then it was time for lunch. We couldn't decide whether to eat lunch in the park and stay late or do dinner in the park. We got waylaid by some dancing Chipmunks while trying to decide!


Then Goofy showed up to do some dancin'!


We finally got some lunch and then scored a bench seat at the Main Street train station to watch the parade. While waiting we saw Cruella de Vil walking around.








































After the parade, we rode the train around the park to Tomorrowland to ride Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.


When that ride was over we knew it was time to go home! The kids were cranky! We bought some Mickey Mouse-shaped suckers on our way out to help make the kids happy!

Mackenzie finally decided she wanted some Minnie Mouse ears, so while Morian bought them, the kids and I headed out. Only, I remembered that we had never gotten a picture in front of the Mickey Mouse flowers at the entrance. Since there were very few people there, I stuck Devin and Mackenzie on the wall and took their picture. 


And who should walk right past us after, but Minnie Mouse! Kenzie had seen her from a distance but we hadn't had a chance to meet her and take pictures with her so Kenzie was especially excited to see her! Luckily, she was stopping right there to do just that, so we had to get in line!

Totally made Mackenzie's night!

So then we made it back to the hotel for dinner and putting the kids to bed. I then went back to the park to meet up with Shari. First we rode the Matterhorn Bobsleds. But because the line was super long, we went in hte single riders line and didn't get to sit together, but that's okay! Then it was basically time for the fireworks show. 

And I got to try a pineapple whip float. Yummy!

After the fireworks show we had to race to Space Mountain in time to use our fast passes. We barely made it!


Then we had to race over to Frontierland  to watch Fantasmic! It was really good!


















Our last ride of the night was Peter Pan.

We decided to just drive all the way home in one day ((being Saturday) so we could just be home already! All in all, it was a crazy, but fun, vacation!

2 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Looks like you had a wonderful vacation - it was great to have Shari with you to help and trade off - Love all your pictures!
We saw Fantasmic at Disney's Hollywood Studios. We got to sit on bleachers. There were tons of people in the outdoor "theater"

Kayley said...

You guys got to see so many characters! That's awesome. Lets see if I can remember all that I wanted to comment on...I love that I saw the Madrid bag we gave to Kenzie... :D, and I loved Kenzie's dancing, I'm glad Shari got to go with you, and the shows looked really cool. Next time we'll come with you and have a blast too!