Saturday, December 29, 2007

Before and After

So I know it's been awhile since I last posted. I don't do a lot that's note worthy! But, here are the Before and After pictures of my foot. By the way, I got the cast taken off on Monday, December 17 and then had to have my foot wrapped and wear a weird shoe thing for about a week. On Christmas Eve day, I actually wore a regualr tennis shoe on my right foot and that was kinda weird! My foot likes its freedom though! It hurt a bit for a couple days after the cast came off, but I'm used to it now! I still have to be careful not to jerk it around too hard or too much and the doctor still says no running, but other than that, I'm doing good. It's healing well, which I like to hear! And maybe in a few weeks, I'll get the other foot done! Oh! And my youngest sister, Sirie, who is 15, got the same surgery done on December 21. But her doctor put her in a splint for a few days and she wasn't allowed to walk on it at all so they gave her crutches and now she's got one of those huge boots. I wonder which way I would rather have it....
BEFORE:
See how far my feet fall inward?
(Left): The top bump is my ankle bone, the bottom bump is the extra bone they removed during surgery.
(Right): Just a different angle
AFTER:
It doesn't look like much of an arch, but my foot doesn't fall as much as it did before!
(Left): Here is battle wound #1- no more extra bone!
(Right): Battle wound #2- where they inserted the rod

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so many pictures of feet on this one... I think I can see a difference after the surgery. Does it feel very different? See you soon.

Erika said...

Hey I just noticed on Mike & Annie's blog that you guys have a blog too! Yea! I am so excited...we love it when our friends have blogs because it really is a good way to keep in touch. I added your link to our blog now too. :)

Cool that they have surgery to do this...I have some pretty bad arches myself but not to this extent! Good luck with the healing.

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Hey, Kirsta
I have a blog now, too. Here is a link to it: http://anniesabstractions.blogspot.com/