We go to the zoo!!!!!!!!!
So Monday, I get this call at 8:00 in the morning saying the dad of the little girl I watch forgot to tell me he has the day off, so of course, I get the day off. It's a good thing I had a doctor's appointment that morning or I mighta been a little upset that I coulda been sleeping still! So, I get home after seeing the doctor and Morian is there b/c his one class goes from 8-9:30 AM, so he's all done for the day (no work!) As a perk for my job, I'm on their member pass for the Hogle Zoo, so I can take Lily. Morian suggested we go to the zoo since I can also get in one guest for free. So we packed up a lunch, picked up the pass, and drove to the zoo. It was a little crazy trying to find it since the directions I got from MapQuest led us astray, but after stopping at 2 gas stations to get directions, we finally made it! We ate lunch first and then off we went. It was quite a hot day, but I didn't mind it too bad! It was my first time ever going to the Hogle Zoo. How exciting for me! I took lots of pictures of the animals, b/c that's what I do, but it's way too many to post on here! But here are a few I did take:
Me and Morian with the "class clown" elephant!
How Do You Measure Up?
Oh my goodness! Someone put this owl's head on backwards!
3 comments:
Kirsta, I keep forgetting that you tagged me! Sorry, I am not that lame and I am not ignoring you, but It might have to wait until the end of next week! And your little belly is so cute and little.
Annie
Good times at the Zoo!
-Mike
I'm glad you and Morian got to enjoy a fun-filled day with no stress of work or school at the zoo. Making memories is what life is all about.
I had my 10th birthday party at Hogle Zoo. My mom and dad were in Europe on a business trip (and even got to visit your dad in Italy on his mission!) and missed my birthday. Luckily, I have two great sisters who organized a party for all my friends at the zoo. I'll never forget that party.
With my own kids, we have trick-or-treated at the "Boo at the Zoo" event and they have gone at Christmas time for Zoolights with their grandparents. Fun times.
Post a Comment