Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

Well, yesterday was the smallest Thanksgiving gathering my family has had in a long time. Since we moved to Utah 7 years ago we've always gotten together with either my mom's family or my dad's, and since I met Morian, I've had a couple with his family. This year, it was just my immediate family, plus one sister-in-law, but minus one sister and brother-in-law. So that makes 9. Or 10, if you count Devin! I like being with my cousins and grandparents and stuff, but sometimes it nice to just be with my family. And this way, I can have leftover turkey sandwiches! Of course, Devin slept till dinner was ready and then woke up, ready to eat! Luckily I had time to eat a salad before feeding him; I was starving! Dinner was sooooo good! After dinner we played some Guitar Hero (I definately hafta play on easy!), Parcheesi, and The Great Dalmutti.

My sister Maren carved the turkey

In honor of Thanksgiving, I wanted to list some of the things I am most grateful for, in no particular order!
Eternal Families- I am so glad that I married Morian in the temple, being sealed to him for time and all eternity. I'm glad we have added to that family with little Devin. What a blessing he has been to us! I'm grateful he is healthy and growing and getting stronger every day. I'm also grateful for the family I grew up in and I'm glad that we're so close, in living proximity and our relationships.
Temples- without temples, I wouldn't have that eternal family! And it's a wonderful place to feel the spirit. I was able to go back a couple weeks ago after my hiatus when Devin was born.
The Gospel- without the gospel, we wouldn't have the Priesthood, which means we wouldn't have temples. It's all connected! The gospel answers so many questions and brings many wonderful blessings into our lives!
Friends- friends are great! What more can I say? They are your family away from your family.

And on a side note, I'm grateful to win free tickets to concerts! I won tickets to the Secondhand Serenade concert that was this past Wednesday, Nov. 26 at The Great Saltair. The place is kinda ghetto and the openings band were terrible (let's play loud music and scream into the microphone and then swear a lot inbetween songs!), but the main even was fantastic! And even though I only knew 2 of their songs, I enjoyed myself, and so did Morian, think. It was a late night though. They were s'posed to go on at 9:15, but it was more like 9:45 PM. It was my bedtime before they even started!

Devin chillin' with Uncle Ethan
What an exhausted baby!

3 comments:

Liz T. said...

I really liked reading about your Thanksgiving and what you are thankful for. That baby of yours is precious. Matt and I recently went to a concert where one of the opening acts was just like the one you saw, I didn't like it either.

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Thanks for sharing what you are thankful for! Especially since I couldn't get anyone to comment on that at dinner! It was a great long weekend - I love having leftovers, too! Thanks for all your help!!! I'm thankful for my family, temples, and the gospel, too! Love you muchly!

Liz T. said...

Is your life bleak?
Well, I try to update once or more a week!
Don't be a bump on log,
Still visit my private blog!!!

Now that my family blog is private, it does not show when I last updated. Please still check us out! If you did not receive an invitation to view my family blog, please email me at lizmthibault@gmail.com