Devin finaly rolled over from his back to his tummy! He's been "trying" for quite a while now. Well, I dunno if he's really been trying. I think if he had known where it would land him, he would never learn to do it! (He HATES being in his tummy!) He'll get half-way there and then roll back flat on his back. Well, this morning, I put him down for a nap and not unusual, he didn't fall asleep right away. But then he cries seemed to escalate and I thought, well maybe he is hungry. So I go in his room and there he is, crying on his tummy. Well, I feed him and change his diaper and put him back to bed. Soon enough he is super crying again. So I go in and check on him and there he is, on his tummy. So I run out to get the camera and when I get back in the room, he rolls onto his back. So, I put his blankets on him, turn on his mobile and leave the leave. Pretty soon, he's crying again. This time I go in the room armed with my camera and sure enough, he's screaming while on his tummy. SO I snap the picture and then pick him up, kinda laughing that he's freaking out so much. After all, he does know how to roll onto his back!) Well, he starts laughing with me! Crazy kid! And he just did it again! Guess he won't be taking a nap anytime soon! Which means I am probably in for one cranky day. Devin has now been awake for almost 3 hours and he usually doesn't last more than 1 1/2-2. Oh boy!
Even though you can't tell, he is crying pretty good!
Laughing with mommy!
6 comments:
This is really a darling story. I love that he started laughin with you. He is probably going to start crawling soon!
He's such a nut! I can't figure out why he hates being on his tummy so much - none of you kids did! But, then, maybe he just wants to get up and run and is frustrated that he can't figure it out. You're going to have to watch him once he starts walking - if he's like his grandma (me), he will not walk, he will just run everywhere. Boy, I wish I had that much energy nowadays!
It was great to see you guys yesterday - We love you!
What a little stud! I was laughing pretty hard at this story especially when he started laughing with you...
so cute--such a milestone! wow. i love the story too--what a sweetheart, laughing with him mommy.
I'm glad to hear Devin is doing this too!! Keegan won't stop rolling onto his tummy either. But has somehow forgotten that he knows how to roll onto his back. So I always have to be there to turn him back over or else he gets pretty upset too...I guess they'll eventually figure it out! :)
He is so cute! It is fun to read your blog and catch up!
Post a Comment