Thursday, June 25, 2009

Devin Update

We took Devin up to Ogden/Layton yesterday for his 9 month photo shoot and doctor's appointment.
It took him a while to warm up to the photographer, but after I fed him, he did great! We got some good smiles. He is such a cutie! For this shoot, he was supposed to be able to stand up pretty well, holding on to something. He had no problem! He even held on with one hand, while turning to look at the photographer.
He only had to get one shot at his doctor's appointment. I actually watched the nurse poke it into his leg and subsequently watched Devin's face scrunch up and turn red and he started crying. Thankfully it was short-lived and he fell asleep soon after in the car. He was weighed and measured and here are the results:
head cir.= 18 inches (about 60th percentile)
length/height=28 inches (about 50th percentile)
weught=17 lbs 2.5 oz (5-10 percentile)
My little baby isn't so chubby anymore. He's looking more long and lean, but still not even that long. His cheeks have gotten smaller and so have his thighs. He's actually finally starting to fit into the 6-9 month clothes!
He's crawling and cruising around rooms while holding on to furniture and such, but he is getting closer to walking. On Sunday when we were at my parents' house, he was actually taking about 4-5 steps at a time from one person to another. And a couple times today he has let go of whatever he was using for support and tried to continue walking. He did fall down pretty quick, but he's getting more confidence to try the walking thing without holding on to anything! I'm sure he'll be doing it before I realize it's happening! My little baby is growing up! I love him soooo much and I am soooo grateful that he's mine!

2 comments:

Annie B said...

Guys, he's going to be doing serious walking any day now! Good luck with such a mobile little guy.

Liz T. said...

What a sweet little man you have. I really loved having Caleb be at this age. Such a precious time.