Monday, July 6, was my birthday. I turned 26 years old! Morian had the day off from work and took me out to breakfast at Market Street Grill in downtown. (We always go out for dinner and I wanted something different.) We both got omelettes, which were pretty good.
Then we tried to go to the temple. Morian had checked online to double check that it was open on Mondays, which it is until 11 AM. Well, as we got to the conference center parking garage, we see this sign that says, Temple Closed. We were like, Huh? We continued down anyways and saw another sign that read, Temple closed July 6-20. I'm guessing it's for cleaning and whatnot. Morian had forgotten to check the closure dates. So, we weren't able to go. Bummer deal dude! We went home where Morian's little sister, Shari, was watching Devin. We all just kinda hung out for a while and then I decided I wanted to go shopping. I had some money from my mom to spend and Morian was gonna buy me some shorts for my birthday. I ended up getting a pair of white shoes I can wear to church (NOT flip-flops!) and 2 pairs of shorts. We also bought some swimming trunks for Devin. So cute!

I also had a coupon for a free ice cream from Coldstone. I got Country Time Pink Lemonade sorbet with mini gummy bears mixed in. It was good! But it did seem to melt pretty quickly, so I was almost drinking it! Devin shared it with me- he pretty much likes anything sweet. He gets that from me!
Tuesday afternoon, we had a girl from our ward come over and watch Devin so Morian and I could go to the temple. And this time we made it! It was so great to be inside the temple again, which I have only done a few times since Devin was born. We've been trying to go for a while and something always seems to come up that keeps up from going. Hopefully we can start going like once a month!
Tuesday afternoon, we had a girl from our ward come over and watch Devin so Morian and I could go to the temple. And this time we made it! It was so great to be inside the temple again, which I have only done a few times since Devin was born. We've been trying to go for a while and something always seems to come up that keeps up from going. Hopefully we can start going like once a month!
2 comments:
Devin looks so cute in his swimming suit and wet hair! I'm glad you had a nice birthday. You deserve it!
Happy Birthday! I am now just getting caught up on blogging... It was great seeing you guys last night.
Post a Comment