This was actually a few weeks ago, but I've been kinda slow in uploading pictures to the computer and posting. You'll have to forgive me!
On Wednesday, July15, Morian and one of his good friends, David, went down to Bryce Canyon and hiked and camped. On Friday the 17th, they drove to Zion's and did a little hiking and then continued on to St. George. David's wife, Heather, and I drove down to St. George and met up with them on Friday. (We left Devin with my parents. It was the first time we've been away from him for more than a couple hours. He did great!) We saw the new Harry Potter movie (to get us out of the 110 degree heat!) It was the first movie Morian and I have seen together in the theaters since Devin was born. Craziness! We ate dinner at Village Inn and just kinda hung out until the rest of our group arrived- Ryan, Michael, and Annie. Saturday morning we all took our time getting up and didn't get up to Zion National Park until after noon. We rode a shuttle into the park and then we rode a park shuttle all the way to the last stop. Our plan was to start at the end of "The Narrows," hike in a little ways, and then turn around and go out the way we came in. (We were told you needed passes to hike it from the beginning and weren't able to get any. Turns out nobody really checks, so we could have done it! Oh well! This way, David and Heather were able to hike with us.) You pretty much start off the hike in a river of water that is only ankle deep but soon gets much deeper! Sometimes we were walking on dry ground and other times we were practically swimming! It was a lot of fun though! We all wore our swimming suits, which was totally nice! And even though the day was super hot, we were in the shade a lot of the time, which was quite pleasant! I think we guesstimated that we hiked about 8 miles round trip. That's a pretty good hike for me! I haven't done anything that physical since before Devin was born; I was afraid I'd be too out of shape. But I did fine! I did hold on to Morian's arm a lot as we crossed through some of the deeper waters; I was afraid of slipping on the rocks. I'm still a little nevous about uneven footing when it comes to my foot that I had surgery on a year and half ago. We got to one spot where the water was really deep (the guys couldn't even stand up out of the water) and a big rock. So we all (except Ryan!) took turns jumping off the rock into the water. I was up on the rock taking pictures and videos of those jumping. I wasn't gonna do it, but when the pregnant Heather jumped, I figured I could do it! It was pretty crazy, and fun! After our long hike, we finally made it back to Ryan's parents' "vacation house" where we were staying and just took it easy. The next morning we got everything all packed up and the house cleaned and then Morian and I were off. We made it to my parents' ward in time for Sacrament Meeting and saw Devin for the first time in a couple days. He didn't look excited to see us, but after a second of looking at us, he squirmed out of my sister's arms and reached for Morian, and then me. Phew! I'm so glad he remembered us! And even though I missed him tons, I had a lot of fun and I know Morian did too! Thanks everyone for a great weekend!
Morian, Kirsta, David, Heather, Michael, Annie, and Ryan
On our way!
The "guys"-Morian, Michael, David, and Ryan
Heather, David, Annie, and Michael (unknown guy on the right)
Ryan
Looking up
Me and Morian
Michael and Annie
David and Heather
(it was pretty funny watching them trying to get David up on the rock!)
The Narrows

On Wednesday, July15, Morian and one of his good friends, David, went down to Bryce Canyon and hiked and camped. On Friday the 17th, they drove to Zion's and did a little hiking and then continued on to St. George. David's wife, Heather, and I drove down to St. George and met up with them on Friday. (We left Devin with my parents. It was the first time we've been away from him for more than a couple hours. He did great!) We saw the new Harry Potter movie (to get us out of the 110 degree heat!) It was the first movie Morian and I have seen together in the theaters since Devin was born. Craziness! We ate dinner at Village Inn and just kinda hung out until the rest of our group arrived- Ryan, Michael, and Annie. Saturday morning we all took our time getting up and didn't get up to Zion National Park until after noon. We rode a shuttle into the park and then we rode a park shuttle all the way to the last stop. Our plan was to start at the end of "The Narrows," hike in a little ways, and then turn around and go out the way we came in. (We were told you needed passes to hike it from the beginning and weren't able to get any. Turns out nobody really checks, so we could have done it! Oh well! This way, David and Heather were able to hike with us.) You pretty much start off the hike in a river of water that is only ankle deep but soon gets much deeper! Sometimes we were walking on dry ground and other times we were practically swimming! It was a lot of fun though! We all wore our swimming suits, which was totally nice! And even though the day was super hot, we were in the shade a lot of the time, which was quite pleasant! I think we guesstimated that we hiked about 8 miles round trip. That's a pretty good hike for me! I haven't done anything that physical since before Devin was born; I was afraid I'd be too out of shape. But I did fine! I did hold on to Morian's arm a lot as we crossed through some of the deeper waters; I was afraid of slipping on the rocks. I'm still a little nevous about uneven footing when it comes to my foot that I had surgery on a year and half ago. We got to one spot where the water was really deep (the guys couldn't even stand up out of the water) and a big rock. So we all (except Ryan!) took turns jumping off the rock into the water. I was up on the rock taking pictures and videos of those jumping. I wasn't gonna do it, but when the pregnant Heather jumped, I figured I could do it! It was pretty crazy, and fun! After our long hike, we finally made it back to Ryan's parents' "vacation house" where we were staying and just took it easy. The next morning we got everything all packed up and the house cleaned and then Morian and I were off. We made it to my parents' ward in time for Sacrament Meeting and saw Devin for the first time in a couple days. He didn't look excited to see us, but after a second of looking at us, he squirmed out of my sister's arms and reached for Morian, and then me. Phew! I'm so glad he remembered us! And even though I missed him tons, I had a lot of fun and I know Morian did too! Thanks everyone for a great weekend!
Morian, Kirsta, David, Heather, Michael, Annie, and Ryan
On our way!
(it was pretty funny watching them trying to get David up on the rock!)
4 comments:
So much fun! Sad we couldn't make it. I am nervous to leave Keegan too. We are leaving him next April to visit Andrew's sister at BYU-H for 10 days. I hope he remembers us too!!
Good times... that was a fun trip! We need to do it again sometime soon!
Great pictures of what looks like a fun hike - I would probably have enjoyed it when I was a lot younger! We sure enjoyed having Devin at our house!
Wasn't that the best! We have to make a tradition of getting together like that!
Post a Comment