Devin gave me the fright of my life this morning!
So Devin woke up this morning at 6:30. I wanted to see if, perchance, he would go back to sleep if left to himself for a while. So I stayed in bed and let him whimper/cry. But then, I heard the crib kind of rattling/shaking and Devin started crying harder. That made me nervous, so I jumped out of bed. I assumed he had tripped over his blanket while trying to walk around in his crib and hit the side with his head or something. So I go into his room and it is pitch black; I can't see a thing. I can still hear Devin crying though and it sounds like it is coming from the back of the crib. So I reach my arms in to find him and I can't. And I then I hear the cry from below. So I start yanking on the crib to move it away from the wall and can't really do much so I yell for Morian to come help me. Thankfully he heard me, even with his earplugs in! He runs in, turns on the light, and takes over crib duty so I can bend down and grab Devin out from under the crib. He was laying there, on his tummy, directly underneath the crib. As soon as I grabbed him, he stopped crying and reached for the CD player to push the buttons and actually smiled and laughed. I was shaking so bad! I still have no idea how he got down there. The high end of the crib was like 2 inches away from the wall, but the lower side was right up against the wall. I am just so grateful he was not hurt! Crazy boy!
So Devin woke up this morning at 6:30. I wanted to see if, perchance, he would go back to sleep if left to himself for a while. So I stayed in bed and let him whimper/cry. But then, I heard the crib kind of rattling/shaking and Devin started crying harder. That made me nervous, so I jumped out of bed. I assumed he had tripped over his blanket while trying to walk around in his crib and hit the side with his head or something. So I go into his room and it is pitch black; I can't see a thing. I can still hear Devin crying though and it sounds like it is coming from the back of the crib. So I reach my arms in to find him and I can't. And I then I hear the cry from below. So I start yanking on the crib to move it away from the wall and can't really do much so I yell for Morian to come help me. Thankfully he heard me, even with his earplugs in! He runs in, turns on the light, and takes over crib duty so I can bend down and grab Devin out from under the crib. He was laying there, on his tummy, directly underneath the crib. As soon as I grabbed him, he stopped crying and reached for the CD player to push the buttons and actually smiled and laughed. I was shaking so bad! I still have no idea how he got down there. The high end of the crib was like 2 inches away from the wall, but the lower side was right up against the wall. I am just so grateful he was not hurt! Crazy boy!
5 comments:
Better make sure your apartment, and especially his room, is completely baby proof now! Life will never be the same once he figures out how to get out of his crib - ha! He reminds me of his Uncle Ethan - who was also an escape artist, as you know! Give him a hug and kiss from me. xoxoxo
Oh no! I am not excited for the day when Keegan can get out of his crib. It seems like it would be pretty scary to make that fall!! Glad Devin is ok!!
Sounds like he's getting too smart for his own good!
Wow, scary! I can only imagine, your heart must have been racing, adrenaline going like crazy, everything trembling! Good thing he's getting squishier in the mid-section.
How scary and how random, huh? Wow, well I'm glad he was ok!
Post a Comment