(Please note: there are a lot of pictures!)
So, this weekend, my sister Sirie came and stayed with Devin in our home while Morian and I drove down to St. George for a weekend with some friends. We left Friday morning and got there in time for lunch. It was plenty hot down there, probably right around 100 degrees and very sunny! After meeting up with everyone else (David Yates, Ryan Kelly, Michael and Annie Beckstead) and hanging out for a bit, Morian and I, along with the Becksteads went to the St. George Temple to do a session. (I love that temple! My grandparents used to live kiddy-corner from it and when my family would visit in the summers, we always made sure to walk around the beautiful grounds!) We had a bbq that evening at the house where we stayed. Then we went mini-golfing and got frozen yogurt.
On Saturday we woke to overcast gray skies with a 30-40% chance of rain and flash floods. We decided not to hike the Narrows b/c of that and went with Angel's Landing instead. It rained off and on and as we made our to Zion National Park and as we started our hike. I was a little nervous about how I would do on the hike, it being a strenuous hike and I being 6 months pregnant. But I am proud to say I made it all the way to the top!
So, this weekend, my sister Sirie came and stayed with Devin in our home while Morian and I drove down to St. George for a weekend with some friends. We left Friday morning and got there in time for lunch. It was plenty hot down there, probably right around 100 degrees and very sunny! After meeting up with everyone else (David Yates, Ryan Kelly, Michael and Annie Beckstead) and hanging out for a bit, Morian and I, along with the Becksteads went to the St. George Temple to do a session. (I love that temple! My grandparents used to live kiddy-corner from it and when my family would visit in the summers, we always made sure to walk around the beautiful grounds!) We had a bbq that evening at the house where we stayed. Then we went mini-golfing and got frozen yogurt.
On Saturday we woke to overcast gray skies with a 30-40% chance of rain and flash floods. We decided not to hike the Narrows b/c of that and went with Angel's Landing instead. It rained off and on and as we made our to Zion National Park and as we started our hike. I was a little nervous about how I would do on the hike, it being a strenuous hike and I being 6 months pregnant. But I am proud to say I made it all the way to the top!
When we got to the top, the sun broke through the clouds, which felt nice, and then we had sunshine the whole way down.
(I had had to use the bathroom before heading down, so Morian and I were way behind everyone else. Eventually Morian left me as well b/c it's too hard to go down to steeply without running and I obviously couldn't run. In fact, I had to go as slow as I could and hold up my baby belly b/c I was hurting so bad! But no damage done!)
When we got back to the house, there was some major problems with the water and A/C unit, so after we took quick showers, we had to turn the water off. All of us, minus Ryan, went to Brick Oven for dinner and then brought Cafe Rio back for Ryan. Then we spent the evening playing The Great Dalmuti and a couple other games. At midnight, we made a quick trip to the nearest gas station to use the bathroom and brush our teeth. Then it was off to bed!
Sunday morning we cleaned up the house as best we could and headed home. I had a lot fun, but it was so good to see Devin again! And to see how excited he was to see us again!
3 comments:
Great trip! I'm proud of your making it all the way to the top, too! I don't think I could ever do that, especially not now, but probably not even when I was your age. We had fun with Devin when Sirie brought him up for Church.
great photos, and great trip. you're not only cute when you're pregnant, you're tough--way to make it to the top!
That was a fun trip! We are already looking forward to next year!
Post a Comment