Earlier this year, Morian's grandmother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was told she had about 6 months to live. This was really hard to hear because one, she had always been so healthy. In the 9 years or so that I knew her, I never once saw her sick. Two, she was the first of Morian's family that I met when we started dating and I got to know her (and his grandpa) pretty well and I love them like they are my own grandparents. She did one round of chemo but then stopped so she could go on a cruise that had already been planned. She was able to go and enjoy herself. But she ended up getting sick after she got home and just went downhill fast. We were able to get up to visit her on April 17 (good thing they just live up in Logan).
Our family with Grandma Black
Her mother was also in town (she is 96 years old) and so they wanted a picture with Mackenzie, showing a spread of 5 generations (minus the one in the middle, which would be Morian's parents).
I'm so glad we were able to visit when we did because Grandma Black ended up passing away on April 21. The funeral was on the 28th and we were able to go back up for that.
She was a fantastic lady and I am so blessed to have been able to know her! If only we could have had more time with her!
It was so cold up in Logan! I just didn't even consider what the weather would be like and totally forgot to grab our jackets on our way out of the house. Good thing Patty (Morian's mom) had some extra things in her car!
1 comment:
I am so glad you guys were able to visit her before her passing and also to attend her funeral. How amazing and probably really hard too that her mother--96--was there too. And I think you look so good in the pic of you and Kenzie. Seriously! You look beautiful!
Post a Comment