Tuesday, May 20, 2014

LAGOON

May 17- We decided to take a family trip to Lagoon before Morian leaves us for 2 months. We got there a little later than we wanted and ate lunch before even going into the park, but we made the most of our day and had lots of fun! We rode lots of rides and got hot in the sun!
Kontiki
 Moonraker



Jumping Dragon

 Devin looked absolutely terrified during this ride but I kept asking him if he was okay and he said he was. At the end, he did say it was going a little too fast but he said he had fun and liked it!
Tipsey Tea Cups
 After the tea cups, Devin really wanted to ride BomBora. It's a roller coaster, but not a kiddie one, but both Devin and Mackenzie were actually big enough to ride while accompanied by an adult. So we got in line. I really wanted them to ride it, to see how they like it, but I was nervous they would get scared after actually seeing the ride in action. But they didn't, so we got on! I sat with Mackenzie and that was the best! She was laughing and having a great time! She absolutely loved it! Morian said Devin didn't look very excited but after the ride he kept exclaiming how fun it was! I'm so glad!
Then it was time for some water rides to cool us down! First up we rode Rattlesnake Rapids. And boy did we get wet! We were all soaked! But it felt so good!
(Can you see where we are wet versus dry?!)






 Log Flume
 Scaliwags
 The last time we went to Lagoon was 3 years ago. Mackenzie was a baby so she only made it for swimming. Devin was 2 and was able to go on a few kiddie rides. This was one that he loved and would have ridden it all night if I had let him! After riding it this time, he was like, "I wanna go on it again!" Silly boy! He didn't though; I convinced him to try some other rides!

 Devin really likes the rides that he can make go up or down.
 Speedway Jr.

 Helicoptors
 Red Baron
 The kids really wanted to play one of the games to win a prize, and since Morian happened to find some money on the ground, we used that for them to play! They picked a really easy game- You picked a sucker. No dot- you just got the sucker. Red dot- you got a poster. Blue dot- you got a teddy bear. 
 Wild Kingdom Train








 Oh the faces Mackenzie makes! Silly girl!
 Sky Scraper (Ferris wheel)
We could actually spin our gondola around like the tea cups so we all got nice and dizzy! 
 This was the last ride of the day for the kids. After that we got dinner then went to my parents' house. We left Devin and Mackenzie there for my mom to put to bed while Morian and I went back to the park to ride the big people rides!
 So back at the park, Morian and I were able to ride Blast Off!, Samurai, Re-Entry, The Bat, Wicked, Colossus: The Fire Dragon, and Spider. Funny story- next to us on Wicked were a mother and a daughter (daughter was probably in her 20's). I heard the daughter tell her mother not to close her eyes. After the ride got going I realized the mother next to me was screaming, "No! No! No!" over and over again! It was hilarious! I just had to laugh! At the end of the ride, she turned to me and said, "I'm here for your entertainment!" And her daughter said, 'Wow, you really are scared!" hehe! Then, when we rode Spider, we ended up in the same car as a handicapped couple. Apparently, they offer handicapped riders 2 rides in a row and the attendant asked us if we wanted to ride both times with them. Heck yes! So we got 2 rides outta that one! Good times! We were definitely exhausted when we got back to my parents' house and I just wish I could have slept like the dead all night. Only, Mackenzie had to keep waking up crying. ugh.
Wicked

2 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

You guys have done so many fun things! I'm sure glad I got to spend some time with the kids after Lagoon

Kayley said...

Goodness, I didn't know Lagoon was so fun for the kids--it's been forever since I've been there and we haven't had the chance to take Glenn. I like the pic that Morian took of all 4 of you, but in different cars. Clever!