Thursday, October 8, 2015

THE PINK SERIES HALF MARATHON- October 11

So, way back in like June of 2014, when I signed up to run the Freedom Run 10K, I also signed up to run a half marathon! It was called The Pink Series, a ladies only run up in Park City. I'd toyed with the idea of running a half marathon for about a year and finally worked up the courage to do it! (Finding a coupon code to save money on the registration helped!)
Unfortunately, I developed stress fractures in both of my feet while I was training for the 10K and had to take 6 weeks off from running (and basically any kind of cardio activity). That was hard! I didn't think I was going to be able to race at all. But, when I hit the 6 week mark and my feet were  mysteriously not hurting anymore at all, I decided to start training again. I had 8 weeks to get ready.





 Morian tried to get a picture of me crossing the finish line but he said I was going too fast!
 My support team/cheerleaders!
I ended up running at a 9:14 min/mile pace, which was like 40 seconds faster per mile than I ran the 10K! I finished my first half marathon in about 2 hours and 2 min!

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Good job! Glad your feet were okay!