Sunday, September 16, 2007

Lonely, I'm so lonely!

Well, everybody. Here I sit, all alone on a Sunday afternoon. Why am I all alone at this time, you ask? Because my husband is still at church, doing "Bishopric" stuff, such as extending callings. It has now been about a month and a half since his new calling. I still feel as alone and retarded as ever! In church, I mean, since I know NO ONE!! And anyone who knows me knows that I'm not good at making the first move, but evidently, I am also not good at being the recipient of a" first move." You know, I was wanting to move like all summer so we could have a new ward b/c I wasn't feeling too much of the friendliness of our ward. Meaning, I didn't really have any friends. So, when Morian got called to serve in the singles' ward bishopric, I kinda thought, "Hey! New ward!" But now I know that it's better to be in a ward where at least a few people know your name and say Hi to ya than it is to be in a ward where no one knows you and no one talks to you. I know it'll eventually get better and I will somehow get to know some people, but that future seems so bleak and far away right now! Sorry if this is sort of a "downer." Sometimes, ya just need to vent!

2 comments:

meg said...

hey kissta,
i should probably just let you vent, but i've been where you are, so i want to offer some optional advice. it's hard to be in any new ward, but i felt kind of awkward in the singles ward especially. it's weird to start in the summer, too, when the ward changes in the fall. the thing i learned is that if you're feeling alone, there's probably someone else feeling alone too, especially since it's a new school year. and you are a lovely friend to have, so just do whatever feels comfortable--sit by someone new, go to enrichment activities, even just smile at people. it also helps when you have fhe groups over for family home evening--that was one of my favorite things that we did. just know that it can take time, but it will get better!
love ya.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you and your visiting teaching companion could have the girls you visit teach over for dinner or snacks and games. Maybe they could each bring a friend or date, too. It could be a potluck/getting to know you, or just dinner for them prepared by their VT's. It could be a start!
Sure wish I could visit you more often! Love ya lots!
Mom