Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Good-bye Provo

Well folks, it's official. We are no longer residents of Provo, UT. Kinda weird to think about since I have lived in Provo since April 2003 and Morian was in Provo basically since fall 2004 (plus a semester in 2001). Provo has been good to us. We both feel like it was time for us to move on to somewhere else, but I am a little nervous to break out of the BYU bubble. Especially to Las Vegas! Morian had orientation that started August 18 and classes actually start August 21 (this Thursday!) How crazy is that?!
Let me give you the update. Last week (August 11-15) was spent packing up our belongings, cleaning our apartment, and loading everything into a moving truck.
Morian making sure everything got packed in nice and tight


Our lovely moving truck, which my dad drove down to Las Vegas


Morian waving good-bye

Off they go!


Plus, Morian had one day of one class and the final for it to take. Then, of course, graduation on Friday.
Walking out to get in line for diploma


Getting that diploma


Isn't he so cute?!


Morian and me

Morian and my dad drove down to Las Vegas (technically Henderson) on Saturday and unloaded the truck and then my dad took the Greyhound bus that night back to Utah to be at my sister's patriarchal blessing Sunday morning. So, where was I, you're asking? Of course, I stayed behind to finish cleaning the apartment on Saturday with my mom and now I am currently staying at my parents' house for the next week or so.
We (Morian and I) decided it would prolly be better if I stayed here in Utah to have the baby, since that is where our family and insurance are! I still have 3 weeks left till my due date and it's looking like I'm gonna take every day of that 3 weeks, if not longer! Bummer deal dude! I am also planning on staying up here for about 2 weeks after the baby is born, till his first well-baby check-up, so that means about a month without Morian. Boo hoo hoo! Of course, he will come up when the baby is born, but he won't get to stay very long, since he'll hafta get back down to school. We talk everyday on the phone, but it's just not the same! :(
Let me give ya'll an update on the baby, since I don't think I've really done that since my 20 week ultrasound! I am now going in to the doctor every week. Last Friday, I actually measured smaller than I had the week before so my doctor wanted me to get another ultrasound to see if there might be some sort of problem (i.e. small baby, less fluid, etc). So I went to that today and the tech couldn't fin a reason why I would be smaller. The fluid amount is good and the baby is measuring right where he should. We got a somewhat clear shot of his face, which was kinda fun! He's head down, with his little bum right at my rib cage and his legs over on my right side. I think he's pretty much been in that position for a while. He still moves around a ton, especially when I lay (lie?) down to go to sleep and when I first wake up in the morning. I like to just lay (lie?) there quietly, with my hands on my belly and feel him squirming. It is so weird to think that there is a living thing in my body and pretty soon (not soon enough!) he'll be here, with me, where I can actually see him. I can't wait for that moment! I wonder what he'll look like. Prolly dark like Morian. It's amazing how much I can love this little guy and I haven't even ever seen him and don't even know his name! (Nope, we still haven't come up with a name for him yet!) I'm so stoked for him to join our family and I know Morian is too. I can't wait to see how Morian is with him!
Here is me at 37 weeks
So, that is pretty much the story of our lives right now. It's been crazy and it's gonna get crazier still! But, it's all good. I'm just sad to say good-bye to all the friends we've made in Provo. Ya'll are welcome to visit us in Vegas anytime!

7 comments:

Michael B said...

Wow! You guys are really gone (well, I guess just Morian since Kirsta is still in Utah). Anyway, Vegas isn't too far plus we have family there... so hopefully we'll see you guys sometime in the future! At least we have fantasy football, NCAA Tournament, and of course BYU Football! (The trend seems to be BYU in the Vegas Bowl anyway...)

Liz T. said...

Good luck!!!! I have a blog now too so we can keep up. Can't wait to hear about the baby.

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

Good luck these last few weeks Kirsta! I hope they go by quickly for you! I hope Mo does great in Law school. BTW, I am an English teacher- it's lie. People lie, things lay ;)

Stephanie Salmon said...

You have a very cute, small, 37-week prego belly. I don't envy you having to stay here without your husband...but I'm way jealous that you've having a baby! Good luck with everything!

David and Heather said...

It looks like the rest of packing up & moving out went well--sure hope you are doing well, Kirsta! Good luck with the first few days of school, Morian! We miss you guys

Erika said...

Sorry, Andrew doesn't keep me in the loop so I somehow missed that you guys were moving to Vegas! Or maybe I can blame the forgetfulness on being pregnant! :) But congrats on the departure--hard as it is, I have to remind myself that if I stayed there everyone would eventually move on too!

Good luck with your last couple of weeks. I have 5 more to go and am soooo ready to meet our little baby (and feel normal again!).

Carolyn Ebert said...

Congratulations Morian! I'm sorry we didn't make it. At least we have another chance. We'll just have to plan a little Vegas trip when you finish law school.

It's good to hear an update about baby boy Black. It was fun swimming with you at the reunion and playing the baby name game.
Best wishes for all of you!