Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween (a little late)

Since Halloween fell on a Sunday this year, we celebrated on Saturday. And by we, I mean Morian and Devin! Mackenzie is still a little small and young to be going out around a bunch of people, so us girls just hung out at home together.
Saturday morning/early afternoon Morian took Devin to the Gallivan Center where they had a "Monster Black Party" with booths set up for kids to trick-or-treat at and some other activities. The boys just went for the TOT'ing. Devin's costume was a big hit; everyone thought he was so cute! Besides candy, Devin got a cookie. He loves to go right for the frosting on top!


Cute little Buzz with a green mustache!

We had our ward Halloween party Saturday afternoon/evening that consisted of a Trunk-or-Treat and a chili cook-off dinner.
Here is Devin modeling his costume with his pumpkin candy collector!

We asked Devin who he was and this is how he says Buzz!

Morian was going to take Devin trick-or-treating around the neighborhood after the party, but unfortunately it was rainy and windy and cold. So I just had to be satisfied with the (small) amount of candy that Devin had already collected!
I had wanted to get a cute little Halloween outfit for Mackenzie to wear and we actually did have one, but it was way too big and I didn't have time to go to the store to look for something smaller. So, it passed like any other day for her. Next year will be much better! (She'll actually fit into a costume!)

2 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Devin is such a cute "Buzz!" I had fun with him at our Ward Halloween party - I guess I need to post the pictures I took, too. MacKenzie is so cute - she didn't need a costume!

MommaMcCarthy said...

Devin's costume is so rad!! I've never seen one with blow-up parts!