Mackenzie finally got her first bath at home on Halloween. Morian took a couple videos of it that are too big to post, but we took some pictures of her chillin' in her towel all clean. (She has a hooded towel that the hood is absolutely huge on her little head! So cute!)
9 comments:
Try using Cetaphil wash and lotion, or Eucerin. Its more gentle than even baby lotion and soap and there are no perfumes. One of Kenadi's doctors recommended it because she gets eczema. Since I started using that with her it has helped tons!
What a cute girl! We are excited to see her soon...
I read this at an online Health site (Sutter Health):
"During the first few weeks, your baby may have peeling or cracking of the skin, especially on the wrists, hands, ankles and feet. Overdue babies seem to peel more than babies born closer to their due date. This is normal and no treatment is necessary."
By the way, she looks adorable all wrapped up in her towel!
Uhm Kirsta---holy cow you are an amazing woman! I just read your delivery story. Congratulations on such a short yet hectic labor. You are incredible. I was also thinking that Mackenzie looks like Devin. Those lips. She is soooo adorable. I can't wait to see her in person! I've heard that recovery is easier the second time around, and I hope you think that's true!!
Her eyes look so big and pretty. We can't wait to meet her!
Look at those big eyes! What a cutie! Hope things keep settling in for you.
The same thing happened to Peach!! I've stopped using soap and it's no longer a problem. I was seriously slathering all kinds of lotions and ointments, but nothing worked. No soap is best, however I'm not sure when it will be okay to start using it again.
Kirsta, she's beeeeautiful!!!! And she looks like a dark-haired Devin :) Congratulations to all of you. I can't wait to read about her growing up. Hopefully we will see her sometimes, too. I hope you are both doing well.
p.s. I think the peeling is normal. All 3 of mine have done it about the same age and it just goes away eventually. Someone I think told me it was like babies shedding their in-utero skin. or something like that. Don't quote me.
Post a Comment