On May 4, Morian and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. 5 years already?! Wowzers!
About a week before, I kept asking Morian what he wanted to do, etc. Neither of us had talked much about what we wanted to do and with Mackenzie, it was kind of hard to really plan anything.
On the night before, Morian asked me if we should take the kids to dinner with us the next day or try and get a baby-sitter. I said it would be better for Kenzie if we got a sitter, so Morian suggested I call my mom to see if she could come down.
The next morning Morian left for work and as he left, someone rang our doorbell. I was thinking, Who the heck is coming here at 7:30 in the morning?! I went upstairs and there was an envelope taped to the door. There was like a hangman puzzle on it with a bunch of cut up letters inside. I treid doing it, but gave up after a minute or two b/c the first word was so long, I knew there was no way I was gonna figure it out w/o some sort of help. And since I had no clue who it was from, I put it away.
Suddenly, Morian was back home again! He asked me if I had figured it out yet and it dawned on me that it was from him! And obviously, asking my mom to baby-sit while we went to dinner was just to keep me off the trail! I told him it was too hard, so he took it and made it easier by numbering each letter for which word it went to. I then started with the smallest word- of. I got the second smallest word- house- and shouted out "International House of Pancakes!"
So Morian treated me to breakfast at I-HOP. I got yummy strawberry banana french toast with scrambled eggs, hash browns, and sausage. Morian got stuffed strawberry french toast with scrambled eggs, hash browns, and sausge. Yum!
While we were waiting for our food to come, Morian presented me with another envelope. This one was a puzzle. He had taken a picture and cut it up and I ahd to put it back together to figure out what was next on the agenda. I started by separating the edge pieces, but couldn't figure out if I got them all so I went to the picture. It was also pretty difficult, but I was able to get the gist of it-
-massages! We had gotten gift cards to Massage Envy a couple years ago and had never gotten around to using them. Well, we finally did! I got a nice relaxing massage that almost put me to sleep!
We went home after our mssages and Morian gave me the next clue to our next adventure:
I chose Chili's b/c I had a coupon for a free appetizer. For that we got chips and queso. I got crispy honey-chipotle chicken crispers. I asked the waiter how hot/spicy they were and he said not very. Boy, i must be really sensitive then b/c they were quite hot to me! I think I was actually sweating a little from them! But they were yummy! So was the corn on the cob that came with them! Morian got a burger, but I can't remember what kind. I think he enjoyed it though!
During dinner, I got one more surprise to figure out.
I found out we were going to be spending the night at Castle Creek Inn, which is where we spent our first night after getting married. Morian had even reserved the same room we stayed in before. But when he was checking in, he asked if anyone had reserved "The King's Lodge" which is like their king suite and since no one had, they upgraded us to that one...for free! Sweet! We had a pool table, so we played a couple games. Took us a while to get back into the swing of that game!
I was a little nervous about spending the night away from home since Mackenzie still usually wakes to eat once during the night. Morian's mom was there to stay with the kids (and had been all day). I gave her instructions on what to do and told her if she couldn't get Kenzie to take a bottle in the middle of the night, to call me and I would come home to feed her (we actually live really close to the Inn.) Well, I won't go into the details here, but it was an interesting early morning concerning Kenzie and her sleep!








6 comments:
What a creative husband - sounds like a great anniversary celebration!
Wow!! Ten million points for Morian!
Does Kenzie take formula or did you pump then? I'm curious what happened with her night.
Happy anniversary!
Kayli- no formula. I hd some frozen milk that we had MIL try and feed to Kenzie. She wouldn't take it, so after waking up at 4:20am, MIL finally called me at 6:20 to come home and feed her. I was beyond ticked! Luckily she went back to sleep (at 7:15) for 2 hours!
Way to go Morian! This was really fun to read about. Paul joked that he was just going to do the same thing. :D
That's great! 5 yrs, crazy...I'll have to have my fiance take notes.
Thanks for commenting on my blog, Krista! We do remember you and it's nice to find you online :) You've got a beautiful family!
Post a Comment