Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween- Part 2

This year, I changed my mind about costumes for the kids about a million times! Well okay, maybe it was only like 3 times, but it certainly seemed like a lot! First, they were gonna be Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. I had even convinced Morian to dress up as the hunter and I would be the granny. But I was having a hard time finding good wolf costumes. Plus, Devin doesn't even know that story. So I thought it might be fun to do something he knows and I came up with Peter Pan and TinkerBell. I was coming up with some great costumes ideas. But then Devin got into a huge Harry Potter kick and was watching all the movies all the time. This was right around his birthday. So I thought it would be fun for him to dress up as Harry Potter. Again, I was getting so good ideas and trying to come up with something that Kenzie could dress up as to go along with Harry...and then suddenly, Devin wasn't watching the movies anymore and it seemed like he had forgotten all about Harry. And that is when I introduced the wolf costume to him, to see how it would fit. My sister had gotten a wolf and Riding Hood costumes for me that I was hoping the kids could wear next year. But once Devin had that wolf suit on, it practically became his best friend. No joke, he sleeps with it at night! So we were right back where we started...and without further ado, Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf!















 I could not get Little Red to hold still for me for nothing! She was constantly moving! But having lots of fun, so that's good!
We had our ward Halloween Party on October 30. We also had a chili cook-off, but instead of games, they had a row of tables set up with candy that people had brought for the kids to "Trick-or-Treat" at. Morian had to work, so he wasn't able to be there. My mom had gone down to Provo to visit with her parents and so on her way home, she stopped at our party so she could see the kids (especially Mackenzie) in their costumes. We weren't able to stay super long b/c I needed to get Kenzie home to bed, but we came home with a bucket-load (literally!) of candy!
I had to snap a quick picture of Kenzie with the loot!
 Hmmm...what can I eat?!
 Devin decided to join in on the inspection
 Looks good to me!
 I don't wanna go to bed!!
 Hey, where did Devin go?!
 Had to get a couple picture of Kenzie with Grandma.
 If one is looking, the other is looking away...
 Grandma helped Devin divide up the candy while I put Kenzie to bed
 Devin was pretty excited about all these suckers!

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I sure had fun with you and Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf! I'm glad you invited me!