From November-February, the last Wednesday of each month is a free day at the Hogle Zoo. In November, I met up with a friend and her two boys to brave the cold and see the animals. (Even though Morian didn't have to work, he opted to stay home since we went at 9:00 in the morning.) Even though, the kids and I got there just after 9am, I was really quite surprised how empty the parking lot was, it being a free day at all. But I wasn't going to complain!
Here are the kids all bundled up in the double stroller. We didn't have gloves for Kenzie so she had a pair of socks on her hands. And we didn't have a coat for Devin, so he was wearing several sweaters. I also wrapped blankets around their legs. Devin had on long underwear-type pajamas under his clothes and Kenzie had a pair of thick tights on under her pants.
While we waited for our friends, we went and saw the ducks (which usually get skipped over) and then went into a little cave place to see some nocturnal animals. We stayed in there a while b/c it was nice and warm!
We saw an owl:
and a bunch of bats:
And then right outside it, we saw some cougars!
Right outside one of the monkey houses there were several turkeys just roaming around.
Gobble gobble!
Love this one's face! hehe!
We were there maybe half an hour before Kristy, Apollo, and Ernest showed up. I totally cracked up when I saw little Ernest's head poking out from his mom's coat! I had to get a picture!
Here is the baby elephant:
and the mom, maybe?
Devin and Apollo riding the bronze rhino:
Kenzie loved being out of the stroller and able to run around!
Despite being pretty cold, we had a fun time!
1 comment:
Good for you for braving the cold and taking advantage of the free day...The kids looked like they had a good time. Glad you could go!
Post a Comment