Sunday, December 8, 2013

Helping Grandpa Paint

Almost every day after we take Devin to school, Mackenzie says, "I want to go see Grandpa Thibault." So we drive by his house to see if he is there. (My grandma passed away last year and he finally decided he didn't want to live alone anymore, so he moved in with his son and his wife. He is renting out his house to Sister missionaries, but he still goes by- when the weather is nice- to do work around the house and yard.)
One day when we got there, he was getting ready to paint the front door frame.
 He asked Kenzie if she wanted to help.



 Can you believe he is 90 years old?! Still doing the work of a young man. He even climbed up on the roof to close up the swamp cooler for the winter.
 I love this man!

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I'm so glad you go see him and that Kenzie is getting a chance to know him better! I love him, too! And all of you!