On March 28, we had the MBASA closing social. We got together at Springhaven for dinner and a program. And for those who wanted, to spend the night. (I totally did!)
This is not everyone in MBASA, but it's probably pretty close! What a great group of girls! I'm gonna miss quite a few of the second years who I have gotten to know this year.
(Can you find me?!)
I don't really know everyone in this picture, but I know at least half of them and they are great!
These are the girls I shared a table with during dinner (and beyond). They definitely helped make the night super fun! We had tons of laughs!
Back row: Falisha, Jill, Kacey, Shellee, Kirsta
Front row: Amber, Cami, Shaeli
I had heard that last year some girls stayed up until like 2 AM playing volleyball and I was all about that! It was quite the adventure getting the net set up (someone had waxed over the part on the floor where the pole is supposed to stand, so we had to get a knife to break the seal!), but then it was fun times playing! Unfortunately, since I tend to dive for the ball without knee pads, I tore holes in both knees of the pants I was wearing, which was like my favorite pair of comfy pants. Bummer!
Not only that, but I've got some massive bruises going on! Somehow, I bruised all down my shin on my right leg and it is so sore to the touch. I can't even kneel on it; I have to lean forward so I'm "kneeling" on the top part of my knee, which is kind of awkward!
I think I might have actually sprained my left wrist; it was so sore and I could barely move it for several days after! Thankfully now it doesn't hurt, but it is bruised.
When we finished playing, I discovered it was 12:45 AM! I couldn't believe it; I wasn't even tired! But we were all hungry for snacks so we headed over to the kitchen! Eventually I ended up in a living-type room where a bunch of girls were playing "Psychiatrist." Then we all just started talking. And talking. And talking. Last year, the last girls went to bed at 4 AM, so several girls were wanting to pass that this year. And boy did we do it! I was among the last few to finally head to bed. As I crawled into bed, it was 5:40 AM! And I was awake around 7:50, though I didn't get out of bed until almost 8:30. Surprisingly, I wasn't all that tired until later that day. Oh man, I was so tired the next day at church! But I had fun and I'm glad I went!




2 comments:
Like I said before, I am so glad you had this group to do thing with! I would've stayed up playing vball all night too! I've been playing every Friday here and it is so fun! I got a nice bruise on the palm of my hand--how on earth did you bruise your shin?! Miss you so much Kirsta!
Big group! Glad you got to have a lot of fun with them this past year!
Post a Comment