In Provo, they have a balloon festival in the days leading up to the 4th of July. If I have ever been before, it would have been when I was young and visiting cousins for the summer. Since we were picking Morian up from the airport that morning, and we're up early anyway (thanks Devin!), I figured we should go and see the hot air balloons fill up and take off.
We didn't get there as early as I wanted to and unfortunately, it was quite windy, so when we got there a lot of the people with balloons were packing up to head out. There were 2 balloons that were up and getting ready to take off so we stuck around to at least watch those ones get in the air.
It still took them a while to get up in the air and while we waited around for that to happen, we were able to watch another group really struggle to get their balloon filled up and persevere to get it also up in the air!
The kids had fun watching the balloon get filled up with hot air and to see at least a few balloons up in the air!
1 comment:
Fun! You should show the kids my photos of the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta from October 2012 - I think they would be amazed at all the different types of balloons!
Post a Comment