Monday, January 11, 2016

PRIMARY PROGRAM- November 15

The kids had their Primary Program in the middle of November. I believe this was the first one they actually participated in, even though they have both been in Primary longer than this year. Mackenzie was really excited to say her part, but when the time came, she was too shy and scared to say it. But when her class got up to sing "I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints," she did great! I could tell she knew all the words to that song, and all the other songs she sang as well! Devin did great on his speaking part and his solo! That's right! Devin volunteered to sing a solo- one of the verses in "Follow the Prophet. We spent a lot of time practicing in the car on the way and from school and church. He also sang really well with all the other songs, including the one his class and another class sang together about the Holy Ghost.
Morian wasn't able to be there because he had gone up to Missouri to spend the weekend with "the guys" and watch the BYU vs Missouri football game. So, even though I know we aren't supposed to record in Sacrament Meeting, I did it anyway so he could see how well Devin did. (They did have a practice the day before and I was planning on just recording their stuff then, but then my phone died.)

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Wow, Devin - that was great! Good for you for volunteering and following through! And Mackenzie, great job singing, too!