- the second perfect number
- the number of days in February
- the fourth magic number in physics
- the number of days in the average menstrual cycle
- the number of letters in the Danish and Swedish alphabets
- the number of Chinese constellations
- approximately the number of grams in an ounce
- the number of years Kirsta has been alive!
So, I celebrated my 28th birthday on Wednesday, July 6. To start the day off, we went to I-Hop for breakfast. Devin was crazy and wouldn't sit still and Kenzie was grabbing at our food like crazy! She got a big handful of whipped cream off my funnel cakes when they arrived. At least she knows the good stuff to grab! After naps in the afternoon, we all went swimming, with Morian's sisters, Shari and Cecilia. This was Kenzie's first time "swimming" and she absolutely loved it! She had a big smile on her face almost the whole time she was in the water! Devin was a little nervous at first, like he couldn't remember if he liked it or not. He eventually warmed up to it. Morian even took him down the water slide. Of course, when they got to the bottom, Devin had quite the serious look on his face but after I cheered him, he kind of smiled and said "More!" He went down that slide about 6-7 (or more!) times! He kept trying to go down by himself and on the last slide, Morian pretty much sat him between his legs and only grabbed on to him at the bottom to keep him from going under! He LOVED it!
After swimming, we went home and I put Kenzie to bed. Morian's sisters stayed at our house to watch the kids while Morian and I went out to dinner and bowling. We went to Outback Steakhouse. I totally ordered 2 baked sweet potatoes with my entree. hehe! And they were both delicious! Near the end of our meal when our waiter asked if we wanted dessert Morian told him that I wanted them to sing Happy Birthday to me. That little stinker! So a couple of waiters came over and did a quick little "Happy Birthday to You!" and gave me a big coop of ice cream on oreo crumbs topped with whipped cream and a cherry.
Next we went to Fat Cats to go bowling. We hadn't been in forever! We both did pretty good our first games- I got 165 and Morian got 130-something (I think?!). Our next game was not so hot! Morian sunk down to like 89 and I got 121. The third game I went down a little more to 118, and Morian at least passed 100 (he got 101!) Morian also gave me the card game Guillotine. It's a fun and easy game that we learned from my brother.
The next day we went over to Morian's mom's house to celebrate mine and his sister's birthdays. His sister, Angie's, birthday is July 8. We had chicken parmigiana for dinner and then had cake and ice cream for dessert. Angie requested a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and since Morian's mom knows I don't like that, she was kind enough to make another cake for me. And she made my favorite- rainbow chip cake with rainbow chip frosting. Yum! I forgot our camera, so Morian had to take pictures with my phone and the camera on it is really slow (hence my wild look in the last picture!)







1 comment:
Kirsta! I have been bad at looking at blogs and realized I haven't seen yours in a while. I didn't even know you had a little girl. :) Well, I think I knew, I just kind of forgot. Love her name. We were going between Mckinley and Mckenzie and picked Mckinley. Anyway, she is super cute, so is your little guy! Happy late birthday!!!
Post a Comment