Yesterday we had a celebration party in honor of my grandparents' 60th wedding annivesary (which was in March). We had a lunch with family and then a "reception" where extended family and friends could come and visit. We had yummy cupcakes, cookies, fruit, veggies, and even a wedding cake! There was a slideshow with music playing in the background with pictures of my grandparents, their children, their grandchildren, and their great-grandchildren. And we also had a few musical numbers, since my grandparents are always asking us to play the piano for them or to sing. My mom and Uncle Milton (her brother) played a piano/cello duet; my mom and Sirie (my sister) played a piano duet; I played the piano while Maren (my sister) played the flute and my mom, Kayley (my sister), and Sirie (my sister) sang; my Aunt Marilyn (married to Uncle Milton) played a piano solo; and my mom played the piano while me, Maren, Kayley, and Sirie sang a song.
The cake and display tables
Devin with his great-grandparents
After the picture above was taken, Devin tried to get Grandma to walk with him. She doesn't walk too well and has a hard time getting up, so Devin grabbed Grandpa's hand instead and they walked around together, hand-in-hand. So cute!
My Grandma talking with her (late) brother's wife, Rhoma
Grandma with Mackenzie
I LOVE this picture of them looking at each other!
My Grandma and Grandpa Thibault (my mom's parents)- what a beautiful couple!
Ah, boys with be boys!
Devin with his cousin, Glenn
They were camped out here for a while!
Here are just a few pictures of me with Mackenzie since I don't really have any and I was actually looking pretty good!
Kenzie has been doing this little hug thing lately when she is being "shy" around other people. I love it!
We took some 4 generation pictures:
I love that Kenzie is the only one looking at the camera in this picture!
1 comment:
wow, 60 years! that's amazing. what a beautiful celebration for them. i love your grandparents--they're wonderful. those pictures of Kenzie with her great grandma are priceless, as are the four generation photos.
Post a Comment