Devin has been going to preschool to help with his speech therapy. On the last day of school before Christmas break, parents were invited to join their child in a few Christmas activities. I didn't get a picture of the first activity, but Devin was making a (paper plate) wreath with red and green tissue paper and his red hand print in the middle. Then, Santa Claus showed up! (The last time Devin saw Santa was when he was 14 months old and the sight of the old man scared him to bits! This year he knew who Santa was-from watching Christmas movies last year.)
Devin got a turn to sit on Santa's lap.
Santa: "What would you like for Christmas?"
Devin: "I like...a blue merry Christmas!" (Well, that's what it sounded like to me; I have no idea what he was really saying!)
Santa let him choose his candy cane:
Devin showing me his candy cane (his teacher is the lady in the blue sweater behind him)
The next activity was making a Christmas tree out of an upside-down sugar cone, green frosting, candy pieces, and sprinkles.
Eating some of the decorations!
This is what he did when I told him to say cheese!
Showing off his tree:
He was calling the green gumdrop, red M&M, and 2 pretzels the "twinkle star"
The final activity was to color a stocking, add cotton balls to the top, and cut it out. Devin actually did a little bit of cutting on his own. He must get time to practice at school b/c we've never done that at home!
coloring:
Showing off his stocking:
he had grabbed the biggest group of cotton balls; it made his stocking very top-heavy, but he was super proud of it!












1 comment:
What a fun party! I should do activities with the kids when they come to visit me - I need to plan ahead better! I'm glad he had a good time.
Post a Comment