Sunday, October 14, 2012

Thanksgiving Point Farm

On August 28, I took Devin and Mackenzie down to the Thanksgiving Point Farm to meet up with my friend, Kristy, and her 2 boys, Apollo and Earnest. 
It's hard trying to get 4 little kids to look at the camera!


 The kids could each try to pull up a bucket that weighed as much as a certain animal eats.
Earnest
 Mackenzie
Apollo
 Devin
 Then it was time for pony rides! This was Kenzie's first time on a horse. She enjoyed it, but wanted me to stay close!
Devin
 Mackenzie
 Earnest
 Apollo
Devin and Kenzie taking a look at the calf:

The kids (and adults too!) saw a bunch animals like hens and roosters, goats, llamas, cows, horses, turkeys, and pigs.
Kenzie pointing out the roosters
 Earnest trying to get the goat to nuzzle his hand or something. 
 Devin's turn!
 "Look Mom, a goat!"
 Apollo was really excited to see the goats!
 Now it's Kenzie's turn!
 Trying to get 4 kids on a pretend sheep for pictures is just as hard as on a bench!
On to Miss Kitty's Dance Hall 




 Next, a stop in jail!


 And a trip to the farm wouldn't be complete without a ride on a tractor!
Gotta love Devin's hair!

We also got to take a hayride, but I didn't get any pictures of that.
It was a fun morning!




2 comments:

Kayley said...

I love Kenzie's face in the first montage thing. She just looks so sweet! And Devin's hair on the tractor-he could be in a commercial! ;) I just thought about how Glenn hasn't gone on a pony ride and I bet he would love it. I should find some place here that does that.

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Looks like all the kids had a great time! It's fun to see them on the horses! I remember how Devin liked it last year (or was it the year before?)