Saturday, January 16, 2016

CHRISTMAS DAY- December 25

On Christmas morning, I heard Devin get up to go to the bathroom and then he went into the living room to inspect it, "case the joint" as it were! I let him do it because I didn't want to get up just yet! Even though it really wasn't that early. The kids actually slept in!
Santa left a note for the kids, thanking them for the delicious cookies!
Christmas tree with presents
 Mine and Grandma's stockings
 Devin's, Morian's, and Mackenzie's stockings
 Mackenzie was pretty excited to see what was in her stocking!
 As was Devin!



 Opening their first presents of the day
Lego ninjas

 new underwear!
(she was seriously so excited about this!)
 Cute hat!
 Lego girls


Marble Fun Run

Batman umbrella

 Super Mario Chess
 Tiana and Anna (knockoff) dresses
 My mom took the kids around Target to find presents for me and Morian and they were pretty excited to give them to us!
Mackenzie gave Morian a small picture frame that he can take to work and have a picture of them or the whole family or whatever.
 Devin gave Morian a water bottle.
 Princess umbrella


 Chima Legos- Ice Bears
 The Polar Express movie
 Barbie clothes
 an animal puzzle
 more Chima Legos- Crocs
 art supplies- drawing pad, How to Draw Pets book, markers, and water color paints
 Super Mario Bros Yahtzee
Elsa necklace and butterfly bead necklace
 a book about baptism

 Imaginext Green Lantern and small Minecraft characters
 a Christmas book
 Devin gave me earrings
 and Mackenzie gave me a green candle that smells like pine (Christmas) trees.


 Cinderella magiclip doll
 Earlier in the week (as Christmas was on a Friday), someone doorbell ditched us to leave us presents! Morian and I got a movie theater gift card and there was even a small board book about baby penguins for baby.
Devin got a pretend tool set
 Thank you to whoever thought of us!
 and Mackenzie got a Shopkins beauty set
(which included nail polish, lip stuff, tattoos, nail and body stickers).
 The Polar Express book
 Hungry Hungry Hippos

 Monopoly Jr.

 a picture frame that she had found while looking for one for Morian and just had to show me because she loved it so much!
 books- Welcome to Tickety Town and There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Books
 books- The Magic School Bus Ocean Animals and 101 Hidden Animals (he absolutely loves that second book! reads it like every day and loves to spout off facts to me that he has learned from it!)
 The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel Game
 a Minecraft bat plush

 art supplies for Devin- markers, water color paints, a drawing pad, and How to Draw Animals book
 a piggy (this was like the major gift she was asking for and she loves it!)
 Frozen jewelry music box
 Imaginext Penguin
 Imaginext Batman villians
 ornaments from Grandma!
They have their names on them!


 Disney Princess Pop-up Castle Game
(funny story about this present. After everyone was all done opening presents, I suddenly remembered about this game. It was one that my mom had ordered and had sent to our place. I had opened the box to check that it was all good and then I remembered closing it and putting it under my bed. But it didn't get wrapped and put under the tree with all the other gifts. I mentioned it to my mom and she was like, "Oh yeah! I forgot about that one." So I go searching all over my room trying to find it to no avail. I can't for the life of me remember what happened to it. Well, it was time to get ready to head down to Austin to Kayley and Paul's house. I pull out the duffle bag I always use for the kids and it feels really heavy. And then I remember. I needed the box for something so I stuck the game in my bag so the kids wouldn't find it while going under my bed. haha!)
  So, in the early afternoon, we headed down to Kayley and Paul's house to spend the weekend (because we needed to get Mom down there so she could spend some time down there with them like she did with us). We had a nice dinner that Kayley and Paul prepared and got at least one nice picture of all of us!
 Oh Mackenzie!
 When we had gone down for Thanksgiving, we decided to do a gift exchange with our two families since we would be all together on Christmas. We drew names and set out to get presents for each other. Kayley and I had each other- Kayley got me some slippers and I got her an infinity scarf. Morian and Glenn had each other- Morian got Glenn a (knockoff) Lego set and Glenn gave Morian a google play gift card. Mackenzie ad Devin and gave him Imaginext Superman figures. Devin had Paul and gave him a tie. Paul had Mackenzie and gave her some small Disney Princess palace pets.



It was a good day and I'm glad we were able to spend it with family! 
It very well could have been our first family-less Christmas, what with our move out of state and all, but we were lucky to live close enough to Kayley and Paul to make that trip down. And to have my mom come out. (My dad was down in Guatemala with some other people from his ward doing some service work of building a playground and donating toys and such and Mom didn't want to spend Christmas home all alone so she flew down to Texas!)

2 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Just a fun, fun day! And I didn't have to cook - yeah! Thanks for letting me come visit with you for Christmas!

Unknown said...

Hopefully we'll be there next year!