Sunday, February 10, 2013

Christmas Eve

Morian had to work Christmas Eve from 12:30-11 pm and Christmas Day from 7-7. Because of that, we decided we would do "Christmas" at home on Christmas Eve morning before Morian went to work and then the kids and I would spend the night at my parents' house to do Christmas with them. Morian would then come pick us up after he got off work at 7 and take us all home.
Our Christmas Tree
Devin admiring the presents
 Kenzie and the tree


 Devin opening his first present (it was to both him and Mackenzie) 
 A Book of classic Bedtime Stories from (great) Grandma and Grandpa Black
 Kenzie getting ready to open a present
Leap Frog movies from Aunt Kayley, Uncle Paul, and cousin Glenn (once again, for both Kenzie and Devin)
 Morian got The Avengers (which Devin promptly wanted to watch as soon as we were done opening presents!)
 I got Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken 
 Kenzie opening her big present
Minnie Mouse bed!
 All put together
Devin opening his big present

 Batman bed!
 Before the kids went to bed, Grandma Esther told the Christmas Story using the Little People's Nativity, for the enjoyment of Devin and Mackenzie. Then they both got to open one small present. Sirie and Spencer were there that evening but weren't going to be there in the morning, so we tried to find the ones from them. We lucked out with the one for Devin, but couldn't find the one for Kenzie.
Opening his present
A Lightning McQueen car
 and a bat shirt from Carlsbad Caverns (from Grandma Esther)
 Kenzie opening her present
 She also got a shirt from Carlsbad Caverns but hers has geckos on it!
 Since Sirie and Spencer were there, so were their dogs. Grandpa Thibault came up to spend Christmas with us (his first without Grandma). I'm glad he was there! He really liked the dogs!
 So cute!

2 comments:

Kayley said...

I love how excited Kenzie was to get her Minnie Mouse bedding! And Devin trying to lift his bedding--so strong! And I especially love the pictures of Grandpa with the dog! So cute!! I miss seeing Grandpa!

Carolyn Ebert said...

how cute is that last photo of your grandpa and the dog?!