When we clean the kitchen floor, we put the chairs and stools in the living room. Kenzie likes to walk from chair to chair and in between them while they are all so close together. One time, she was sitting on one chair and playing with some toys on another chair. She ended up falling off the chair and hitting her face on a third chair. Of course, she would let me comfort her. But she was crying and holding her mouth. When she finally let me take a look, I could see blood! Once I got her cleaned up, I could see a half-moon shaped cut right below her lip.

She wanted a band aid for a little while and went on her way. Then when she tried to drink, she complained abut it hurting. I thought it was somehow leaking to the outside there, but come to find out later she was also cut on the inside! It was hard to tell, but it looked like it might have gone all the way through. We decided to take her in, just in case.
When we got to the instacare, a nurse came out to look at her lip and her assessment made it sound like it did go all the way through. So we stuck around, waiting an hour, before getting called back. Then of course, we had to do some more waiting before the doctor even came in! And then he said it did not go through and the only thing we could do for her was to put some ointment there on the outside. ugh, what a waste of time and money!
Now, Kenzie doesn't use a binky, but she found it helped in this case!
2 comments:
I don't remember seeing that - I guess I'm getting old, early onset Alzheimer's or something...
I remember you telling me about all the waiting--I wish they wouldn't do that. I know they are busy, but they should try to tell us sooner.
I'm glad it didn't go all the way through, though.
Post a Comment